Pie Crust Help needed ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
Hi,

I made Ina's pie crust and left in the fridge to chill for 30 mins as directed. I can't seem to get it unto the pie pan without it falling apart. It is very soft and tender. I put it back in the fridge and will leave it for 30 more mins.

Think that'll work? Or should i make another batch?

Yeah. I think the best fix is to, as advised, roll it out between wax paper and then to invert the pan over it and turn the whole affair back upright. It will probably still crack some, but I'd just soften the breaks with a wet brush and use pieces of the excess to patch. No one will notice. If they do and complain, just hollar, "No more pie for you, monkey boy!" The others will be grateful. More for them.

Or you could dump the pie crust in the pan and press it out with a fork or your fingers, like a graham cracker crust. If your pie has a top crust, cut some sugar into the remaining dough and sprinkle it on the top. I had a friend who used to do it this way, and it was really good.

Thanks everyone. I did the waxed paper thing and it worked. this crust is so flaky that sime of (1 inch)of the edge fell off when I took it out of the oven. Probably because we like a nice thick crust. Oh well, it is what it is.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom