Almond Nutmeg Sable Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MexicoKaren

Head Chef
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]It seems to me that someone was asking awhile back for "grownup" cookies. These make a nice presentation and they are buttery crisp and delicious. I made a double batch last week to share with the gallery customers at our Art Walk and everyone gobbled them up.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]ALMOND NUTMEG SABLE COOKIES[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Prepare your baking sheets by lining with parchment paper or lightly greasing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Mix the following dry ingredients with a whisk:[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]2 cups all-purpose flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]½ cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped coarsely[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]½ tsp baking powder[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]¼ tsp grated nutmeg[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Wet ingredients:[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]2/3 cup butter[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]½ cup granulated sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 egg[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 tsp vanilla extract[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]½ tsp almond extract[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg and extracts. Mix in the dry ingredients, pat into two disks, and refrigerate for an hour.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]To finish:[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 egg[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 tsp water[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]½ cup toasted slivered almonds[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]granulated sugar [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Prepare an egg wash by lightly beating an egg with a tsp of water. Roll out the dough on a floured board to ¼ inch thickness. Cut with a fluted round 2 inch cookie cutter. Brush the cookies on the cookie sheets with egg wash, sprinkle a few toasted almonds on top, brush again and sprinkle with sugar.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes until lightly browned. Let sit on cookie sheet for about 2 minutes and then cool on rack.[/FONT]

I know I will. (And I posted in all caps! Guess there is an edit on that) Thanks MexicoKaren!

Back
Top Bottom