Easiest Christmas Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We love to share unusual or really tempting, or mouth watering, or complicated recipes. I thought I would share a favorite of mine which is so easy I don't even get out the recipe. I should call this the grandkids are coming cookie since the dough is made ahead and put in the refrigerator until the kids come and help you cut them into shapes, bake, and sprinkle them.
3/4 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tb. milk
1 ts. vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1 ts. baking soda
1/2 ts. salt

cream butter, eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Blend together baking powder, salt, and flour, then add to cream mixture, stir to make dough. Place in refrigerator for at least four hours.
Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes

Dough can be colored. Cookies can frosted when done or covered with sprinkles.

*num num* nothing like plain and simple. 'course I'm all for easy, too.

just about to get up and go pan some double-dark-chocolate chip cookies now. dough is chilled and the oven is just about done preheating.

thanks for sharing and,
happy holidays!

That's a basic sugar cookie recipe, except that you are substituting butter for shortening. This is also called a shortbread cookie. If you put it all in a pan, and cook it as a single piece, it is shortbread, and is, just like you said, very yummy.

You can also play with cooking times for this recipe. Cook it for about seven minutes and you get a slightly softer, chewy cookie. Cook it for nine minutes or so, and you get a crisp cookie that's fabulous for dunking into milk.

Thanks for posting.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Christmas cookies: in the recipe list there is baking soda, but in the way to do them it says baking powder. Could you please tell me which one is tu use in the cookies?
I understand they "act" vey different.
TIA
Lucia

Back
Top Bottom