Fake Apple Pie (Kid friendly)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purrfectlydevine

Sous Chef
Fake Apple Pie
Take 2 large or 4 small apples and cut into 16 wedges. Then unroll 2 cans crescent rolls and wrap each wedge of apple up in creasant roll from large end to small end and put in lightly greased 9x13 inch cake pan. meanwhile melt 2 sticks of butter in small saucepan until melted add 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 to 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch mix and pour over crescents, then pour i can or 2 cups of mountain dew over that. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Serve warm or chill covered. Tastes just like apple pie.

Have you tried this one Purr?

I'm wondering about the mountain dew. I don't like drinking it...does it still taste Mountaindewish?

So my kids could help more I took the idea and made mini dumplings. We used a spirooli to turn the peeled apples into long shreds. We put some apple on each roll and sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon and dotted with butter. Pinched them together and sprinkled with more cinnamon and sugar and then baked following the directions on the can. I did this because I didn't want to buy a 6-pack of Mountain Dew since I don't drink it.

purrfectlydevine said:
So my kids could help more I took the idea and made mini dumplings. We used a spirooli to turn the peeled apples into long shreds. We put some apple on each roll and sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon and dotted with butter. Pinched them together and sprinkled with more cinnamon and sugar and then baked following the directions on the can. I did this because I didn't want to buy a 6-pack of Mountain Dew since I don't drink it.
Very helpful Pur, I don't buy soda either (well, DH get a big treat once in a blue moon, but I don't drink it myself) and like the direction that you took the recipe in instead :)

Back
Top Bottom