Freezing Cookie Dough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
I made a batch of snickerdoodles and I have about half of the dough left which I would like to freeze. Does anyone know if you freeze snickerdoodle cookie dough if the consistency of the cookies will change?

:chef:

Toots said:
I made a batch of snickerdoodles and I have about half of the dough left which I would like to freeze. Does anyone know if you freeze snickerdoodle cookie dough if the consistency of the cookies will change?

:chef:
Toots,
rather than throwing the dough away, you could bake up the rest of it and then freeze, or take a chance and freeze as is.As to the consistency, i doubt it will change much. Around here kids from the schools are always selling containers of frozen cookie dough for school projects.

kadesma :)

If you need a place to freeze it, send it pretty much anywhere in MN and it will freeze!

I prefer to my address, though, so I can indulge! LOL!

I've heard of freezing cookie dough, but never tried myself. Never heard anyone try with snickerdoodle dough, either way.

I make a batch of cookie dough for my dad every year for his Birthday. I actually scoop it into the same size using my ice cream scoop. Then I vaccum seal them into batches of 6 like he likes.. He hasn't complained yet!

-Brad

This will work wonderfully for you! I never noticed a change in quality or consistency with freezing cookie dough.

Freezing will be fine--and better than baking, I think, because the cookies will be fresh when eaten just baked! also easier on freezer space, and no broken (baked) cookies.

Back
Top Bottom