ISO crispy, chewy, greasy Peanut Butter Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SillyOldBear

Assistant Cook
Way long ago, when trans-fats were not the devil incarnate :devilish:, there were these peanut butter cookie dough tubes in the refrigerator section. Not sure if we're allowed to mention brands here, but it began with a P. We're talking 20 years ago. The new tubes just don't have it.

These cookies were the perfect balance of crispy and chewy, and were definitely on the greasy side, but I loved them. I have been searching ever since, for a peanut butter cookie recipe that would come close, and haven't had any luck. Most of them are more crunchy than crispy, and almost dry. I have probably tried 20 different recipes, and was hoping someone here would remember these cookies, and have a suggestion. Anyone?

Thanks!!
SOB

Oh my. Sorry this went unanswered so long SOB, I'll hunt up my two PB cookie recipes for you. They are chewy and yummy and if you leave them on a piece of paper they leave a grease circle. ;)

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup peanut butter
splash of vanilla

Cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Add the egg and blend til smooth. Add the flour and soda and finally the dash of vanilla. Either roll into walnut sized balls and flatten with a moistened fork or just drop by tsp onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes or til just done.

Back
Top Bottom