Need help on making bulk cookies - need easy recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gulab jamun

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I'm planning to make a large quantity of cookies, about 100. :chef: I'm looking for an easy recipe suitable for beginners to make a basic cookie. The batter should be compatible with a cookie press.

comfortgrip_discs.jpg

Can someone help me out? My last two tries at choco chip cookies didn't go well. :neutral: The cookies I'm planning to make now would be basic cookies with some sweetness, but nothing fancy.

Thanks.

A sugar cookie recipe would work best for your cookie press. There are lots to chose from if you Google it.

What about refrigerator biscuits? They are pretty simple from memory and the recipe would multiply out as well.

I got sent an email last night for Cookie Recipes - which might help you. There were just too many for me to check out, esp as I don't make biscuits, so I can't help you as to the difficulty factor, but it should just be a case of multiplying out the recipe to make the quantity desired. Awfully long time since I have used a cookie press but don't you just need to make sure the dough is firm enough to hold its shape, and not as firm as a pastry biscuit.

Just had a look at that link, and Melting shortbread should fit the bill for you. Double the quantity and don't add the extra flour. Think we used to add a touch of custard powder to the mix when we did them as kids.

If you don't have to use the press - what about slice and bake or premade dough in the refrigerated section of the store? If you have a mini tart pan you can put a piece of dough in there and set a chocolate kiss inside - it looks nice and is easy. Just an idea.

Rom, ;)

No biscuits or slice/bake. I'm looking to make the cookies from scratch.

What do you guys think of the following recipe?

• [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) at room temperature[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]half cup sugar[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]half teaspoon teaspoon salt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2 eggs[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2 cups all-purpose flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Preheat oven to 350 degrees.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and salt using a wooden spoon until mixture is smooth. Add in eggs and beat until blended. Stir in flour until smooth dough is formed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Use a cookie press to place the dough onto buttered baking pan or on parchment-paper-lined pan and bake for about 15 minutes. Bottom and edges of cookies should become light brown. Remove cookies from baking pan and allow to cool. [/FONT]

It seems simple, but I don't know if it will really work well.

Oh, by the way, suppose one was using the above recipe or something similar. Can food coloring be added to the mixture at the same time as the flour? That way one could make colored cookies. I don't normally see colored cookies...

The recipe I have been using for years is a Betty Crocker one, gulab. Go to this link for the recipe for wonderful "spritz" cookies. One recipe makes 72 cookies, so to get the number you want, you would only have to make 2 batches. Yes, you can add food color to tint the dough.

Rom, ;)

No biscuits or slice/bake. I'm looking to make the cookies from scratch.

What do you guys think of the following recipe?

• [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) at room temperature[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]half cup sugar[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]half teaspoon teaspoon salt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2 eggs[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2 cups all-purpose flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Preheat oven to 350 degrees.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and salt using a wooden spoon until mixture is smooth. Add in eggs and beat until blended. Stir in flour until smooth dough is formed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Use a cookie press to place the dough onto buttered baking pan or on parchment-paper-lined pan and bake for about 15 minutes. Bottom and edges of cookies should become light brown. Remove cookies from baking pan and allow to cool. [/FONT]

It seems simple, but I don't know if it will really work well.
Don't see why your recipe shouldn't work. It's just a basic biscuit recipe. Don't forget you can add flavourings as well as colours.

The recipe I have been using for years is a Betty Crocker one, gulab. Go to this link for the recipe for wonderful "spritz" cookies. One recipe makes 72 cookies, so to get the number you want, you would only have to make 2 batches. Yes, you can add food color to tint the dough.

Amen to Katie and the Betty Crocker. Yes, you can add food coloring. Mom always added it with whatever liquid was added, as the coloring was also liquid. Add sparingly with the red and the green, as too much color is not very appetizing.

Wasn't there a recommended recipe that came with your cookie press? I seem to remember that was what we used.

This is the simplest cookie recipe in existence, and OMG what a fabulous aroma and flavor! These cookies come out exactly as you put them on the sheet, so if you use the cookie press (and I have not tried them with it) you can put them fairly close together.

One can (15. oz) pumpkin
One box of any flavor cake mix (I have used gingerbread, carrot, and triple chocolate. I understand spice cake is super but I haven't found any)

That's it. Just mix the can of pumpkin and the cake mix together, drop by teaspoons or do the cookie press thing, and bake at 350 for about 13 min.

If they are thin, I'd check them at 10 min. They are soft cookes, not crisp. And fabulous.

Next time I make the carrot cake ones, I will add nuts. We added some Andes mints to the chocolate cake and that was also a winner.

Hello,

Here is a picture of some cookies I made...

dscf1273hg5.jpg

I went with the Betty recipe, but I used brown sugar instead. I don't know if it was the brown sugar, or that I used too much, that caused the batter to become less thick. This made it hard because the cookies wouldn't hold their shape properly after pressing them out with the cookie press. Oh well.

I used sliced almonds, chocolate chunks, coconut flakes, and powdered sugar for decoration.

They look good, can I have one? Am having my morning coffee atm, they would go well :)

Master Sugar Cookie Recipe
4 cups all purpose flour
1 TBL Baking powder
1/2tsp salt
3/4cup butter
2/3 cup shortening
1 1/2cups sugar
2 Eggs
2 TBL milk
2 tsp Vanilla
You may want to add Anis flavor to cookies 1/2 tsp

sift the flour, baking powder and salt twice to mix well in the bowl of a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Beat the butter and shortening for thirty seconds
add sugar and beat well until fluffy. Add eggs, milk, and Vanilla. Beat well. Add the dry ingredients and beat well

Divide the dough into fourths, cover and chill for 3 hours. Working with one portion of dough at a time on a lightly floured board roll out the dough
To 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out cookies. Place on a ungreased cookie sheet pan Bake at 375*F oven for 7-8 minutes or till cookies are done remove cookies to wire rack to cool makes 75-95 cookies.

Chefs note if you half to re roll left over dough. Sprinkle board with
1/2flour and 1/2Powdered sugar. This keeps the cookies tender
Also you may want to roll some of the cookies in a sugar and cinnamon
Mixture before you bake I use a three inch can for a cutter and it works just fine
Line cookie pans with Parchment paper saves on clean up
You might want to take one portion of dough and mix in some coconut flakes for variety

FMF I have used this recipe for yuears and it make a great deal of cookies. I don't remember how many tonight

Back
Top Bottom