"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef
Old 09-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #11
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Not necessarily. If it is the large part of a loin chop, they can get pretty dry......and, thanks. You just gave me an idea for the meat shop. We sometimes get roug ends to our back loins and end up grinding them all. If I can get 3 or 4 big enough meaty pieces out of them, I can wrap them in bacon and put them in the counter.
Good idea Rock. For my Dad's meat case, he would also make bacon wrapped ground lamb patties. They looked beautiful, and sold well.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

bacon, recipe, steak

Bacon Wrapped Steaks What is the best way to prepare them? Never having the bright idea to attempt making them either.It just sounds good today.Not that I can eat today.Been really sick.But everyone else has to eat. I've seen broiled,grilled pan seared and one other method that I can't think of off hand right now. What's the best way?It can be put off until tomorrow.There is no hurry. Thank you BTW: These are Ribeye's..Smoked Bacon. Munky. 3 stars 1 reviews