Bored of dry pork chops, any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't want to get a raspberry for this butTTTTTT I saw a commercial on TV suggesting the use of a package of Ranch dressing I tried it and cooked my chops in a slow oven, they were easy to cut and chew no driness to them.They were very good.
kadesma
That sounds wonderful Kades. Can you tell me how you prepared them.

That sounds wonderful Kades. Can you tell me how you prepared them.
I rinsed the chops then dusted them with the Ranch dressing put the chops into a pan I'd coated with a veggie spray and put into a 300 oven til my knife slide in and out of the chops with ease. I suppose they could be coated with egg first then dipped in the dry Ranch then baked
kades

kadesma said:
I don't want to get a raspberry for this butTTTTTT I saw a commercial on TV suggesting the use of a package of Ranch dressing I tried it and cooked my chops in a slow oven, they were easy to cut and chew no driness to them.They were very good.
kadesma

No raspberry here, Kades! Ranch is a nice multipurpose seasoning. Your chops sound great!

I rinsed the chops then dusted them with the Ranch dressing put the chops into a pan I'd coated with a veggie spray and put into a 300 oven til my knife slide in and out of the chops with ease. I suppose they could be coated with egg first then dipped in the dry Ranch then baked
kades
Thank you kades. Sounds great.

I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine. It said you could also use boneless pork chops:

Crispy Pork Medallions with Roasted Root Vegetables

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 8 medallions
  • 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 450°.

2. Rub mustard evenly over pork medallions. Combine panko, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Dredge pork in panko mixture. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork; sauté 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn pork. Place skillet in oven; bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until pork reaches 145°. Let stand 3 minutes.

Roasted Root Vegetables

Ingredients
  • 8 ounces quartered small red potatoes
  • 2 thinly sliced carrots
  • 2 thinly sliced parsnips
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
Preparation

Preheat oven to 450°. Combine potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss well to coat. Arrange vegetable mixture on a rack placed in a broiler pan. Bake at 450° for 28 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.

Buy "thin cut Pork Chops". Season to taste and dip in flour. Flash fry a few minutes on each side. They will be done and tender.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom