I got BACON!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a great gift! Mrs 40 C is checking out the link....it could happen....anniversary coming up.

Since my b'day is coming up, wondering how hard you had to twist Mrs 40 C's arm...(graphic details not needed) but I could start quilt tripping Mr CWS about what I'd really like for my b'day....

I have Forest Gump going thruogh my mind right now-- when they named off all the different ways of shrimp well now bacon

bacon wrapped scallops , shrimp
bacon burger
filet migon with bacon wrapped around it
california bLt
german potato salad
jalepeno poppers
bacon and eggs
baked potato with bacon and cheese
just plain bacon -------
and the list could go on and on

ABT's
Bacon weave covered anything
Spinach salad with bacon
Bacon wrapped hot dogs
Bean with bacon soup
Split pea and bacon soup

Thanks for the ideas on what to do with the bacon (including offering to give it a new home.).

I am gonna try that chocolate bacon sundae soonish.

Actually, bacon doesn't need ideas. Just cook up a pile of bacon then sit down and eat it.

If bacon wants an idea bacon will tell you. :cool:

She was looking at a couple different places for this. Most of the "clubs" offer bacon from different places, they don't make their own. In her research Broadbent kept getting great reviews and everything else the club offered was second. She decided to go to the source instead of messing around with it.

She was looking at a couple different places for this. Most of the "clubs" offer bacon from different places, they don't make their own. In her research Broadbent kept getting great reviews and everything else the club offered was second. She decided to go to the source instead of messing around with it.

Yes, Broadbent is very good but, then, our area is known for its fine pork products. I grew up and went to school with a boy whose family, Partin, had a wonderful country sausage company. Loved Partin's sausage. They closed a couple of years ago. Another competing company, Grogan's, took Partin's over and we can still buy Partin's products. Although, I think Grogan's altered the seasoning. It's still good, but not as good as the original.

Another wonderful source for country ham products is a place called Harper's in Clinton, KY. They've been around since Noah and have fantastic country hams, etc. They've won a gazillion competitions and do an incredible mail order business.

If you're ever in our area in September, you HAVE to enjoy the Barbecue on the River in Paducah. The air smells so good, you just want to jump up and eat it. The event is awesome.

Last edited:
Bacon was one of the foods on my Hit List after my bypasses, up to now. I've recently started eating it again in very strict moderation.

I don't want to get back into the eating habits that caused the problem initially. I was a grease guzzler for most of my life. I had the misconception that I was immune from heart disease. My body taught me differently.

If I had a friend give me a gift like that, they'd be my most treasured friend..lol.

Nothing says love like bacon...:pig::)

The left over bacon from last night (yeah, it surprised me too) is now on grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches with tomato. Umm.. YUM!

:yum:

Nikki,

I think I might keep Kathleen around a bit longer. :) She is pretty ok.

The left over bacon from last night (yeah, it surprised me too) is now on grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches with tomato. Umm.. YUM!

Nikki,

Should I PM you my snail addy, PLEASE!!!! You can ship the excess bacon to me in MN in February. I'll deal with getting it across the border....or maybe I could just convince Kathleen to come and live in Canada?

Nikki,

Yeah, I'd agree..lol.

Back
Top Bottom