Greek Meatballs in Asparagus Lemon Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's about what I paid, Kay. $8.49 I think. For something I only buy half a dozen times a year I can live with that. I eat lamb as a treat. It's certainly not in my rotation. Otherwise I would raise my own sheep and have the neighbor butcher them.

That's about what I paid, Kay. $8.49 I think. For something I only buy half a dozen times a year I can live with that. I eat lamb as a treat. It's certainly not in my rotation. Otherwise I would raise my own sheep and have the neighbor butcher them.

:ROFLMAO: Okay Farmer Pacanis. Thanks for the laugh. Eight dollars? I am in shock. I have a girlfriend in Atlanta and we talk for hours on Saturday night. Every so often we compare prices. I get my flyer and tell her what is on sale. She is as shocked at how low my prices are compared to hers, as I am at the cost of your lamb. This week lamb shoulder chops are on sale for $3.49 a pound. Even our produce is so much cheaper than what she pays in Atlanta. And she doesn't' have available a lot of the items I do. Like being able to get a hunk of Parm cheese from the wheel. So about twice a year I send her a couple of chunks. Right now it is up to $4.99 a pound. And she can't find Romano cheese anywhere at all. Not even the cheap stuff in a can. Not even a small piece from Stella's. That is only $3.99 here. Off the wheel.

The more I hear what others are paying for their food, the more grateful I become for what I have here right in Boston. :angel:

:ROFLMAO: Okay Farmer Pacanis. Thanks for the laugh. Eight dollars? I am in shock. I have a girlfriend in Atlanta and we talk for hours on Saturday night. Every so often we compare prices. I get my flyer and tell her what is on sale. She is as shocked at how low my prices are compared to hers, as I am at the cost of your lamb. This week lamb shoulder chops are on sale for $3.49 a pound. Even our produce is so much cheaper than what she pays in Atlanta. And she doesn't' have available a lot of the items I do. Like being able to get a hunk of Parm cheese from the wheel. So about twice a year I send her a couple of chunks. Right now it is up to $4.99 a pound. And she can't find Romano cheese anywhere at all. Not even the cheap stuff in a can. Not even a small piece from Stella's. That is only $3.99 here. Off the wheel.

The more I hear what others are paying for their food, the more grateful I become for what I have here right in Boston. :angel:

I didn't know I said anything funny, but it's always nice to laugh.

Do you have a food processor, Kayelle? It will do a passable meat grind, just make sure the meat's slightly frozen, cut into small chunks, and pulse (a lot), don't grind. Keep scraping.

I do have a food processor Dawg! I may give it a try sometime. Was it you who bought an electric meat grinder a while back, or am I thinking of someone else?

I do have a food processor Dawg! I may give it a try sometime. Was it you who bought an electric meat grinder a while back, or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes, 'twas I! The litany is similar, make sure your meat and metal parts are cold. I need to fire the grinder up again, my freezer overflows, so we have to use up what we have.

Yes, 'twas I! The litany is similar, make sure your meat and metal parts are cold. I need to fire the grinder up again, my freezer overflows, so we have to use up what we have.
I'm grinding pork tomorrow. I have the parts of the meat grinder in the freezer and the pork chunks are marinating. They will go in the freezer about 30-40 minutes before I start grinding.

Most of our lamb comes from NZ and Australia. We don't get American lamb until spring time. So we have a steady supply. You would think that Canada would be able to get lamb from NZ and Australia before they would ship it to the U.S. All three countries are members of the Commonwealth. :angel:
We do get NZ lamb. I like it because, it's virtually organic. The ground lamb is cheaper than even the shoulder chops, so there is no benefit to grinding it myself. I don't remember how much it costs, but it's enough that I don't buy it often.

Back
Top Bottom