A Offical DISCUSS COOKING COOKBOOK ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maidrite

Contest Winner
:chef: OK how about and Offical Discuss Cooking CookBook ? I don't know if we have one but we could, with all our best recipes in it. What do you all think of this ? Andy we are talking big here. Can you imagine Maidrite "THE IRON CHEF" :chef: . Ok ok maidrite wake UP ! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :stuart: :w00t2: :bangin:

We all as a club could pick the best of the best we have and vote. But I guess we should see if I am in trouble first for talking about it! :rolleyes:

Another group/site I know did one, and it turned out to be quite expensive I think. Like $30 a copy to purchase.

$30 is not a huge price for such a cookbook - I've paid more!

We must be careful with crediting or changing the recipes, though

Perhaps Andy or Kitchenelf have already thought about this idea? we shall see. I hope it is possible:)

Their book ended up being done at Kinko's. Just ran them off on the copier.

i recently bought a cookbook of the recipes from a local firehouse/ambulance emt's. it was done as a fundraiser, so i doubt it was expensive to produce. i will check to see if i can find out who the publisher was, and how they pulled it off.

Last edited:
Good idea Buckytom but I do think Andy should be aware of this too. I think it would be cool to have an offical cookbook with our own stuff in it and year and whos it charge it would serve as a cook book and a history book as well :)

nah, let's not tell andy till it's done, then when he gets really angry, we will dedicate the book to him in a teary, patriotic ceremony.

that way it gets done, and andy can't say no...

(just kidding andy. it was mj's idea...:cool: )

Good Idea, Hey iI have been driving everyone nuts this week so I can move up to senior cook Just did :clap: no its on to Iron Chef :ROFLMAO: .

Yeah, though about those Bucky. Would we qaulify as a fundraiser to get their price?

mudbug said:
I would not pay 30 bucks for something run off at Kinko's. for that kind of money I want a hard cover, glossy photos, and a good index.

I agree... unless part of the 30 dollars went to a charity of some kind like a childrens hospital. :)

How about publishing it as an e-book? I don't know all the details that go into that, but that is one posibility. I would rather have a hard copy, but if that didn't work out, this might work.

:) Barbara

I do think we need to run this all by Andy and then all the gang, I think sending to charity would be nice , but lets see how it all plays out.

Back
Top Bottom