"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 05-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
Master Chef

My kitty is old

guys, i am crying my eyes out sometimes. it's my kitty. he's almost 14 and i am broken inside. i luv that cat. he's my baby brother. maybe i sound wacky, but anyone with a pet probably knows how badly it hurts when you know you're going to lose your best pet-friend. i think i'll cry for weeks when he goes. i don' know. i luv you all. PLEASE be here for me when/if he goes. please.

Old 05-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Hey Luvs, I'm sure everyone will gather round..I know how you feel, I've got a doxie that is my best friend. She is 12 and growing weaker ...No need to feel wacky because you love your pet..That is what makes YOU special.. So hang in there with your little friend..

kadesma

Old 05-15-2005, 03:58 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Yes luvs, hang in there - but remember this - - - there is a natural cycle to life and this is a part of it. I know you don't want your cat to live forever and suffer and be in pain. I have a mini dachshund - I would be devastated - but I would not want her to suffer.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 05-15-2005, 04:12 PM   #4
DC Grandma

Luvs
I had my Yorkie for 14 years..the Vet said he was 2 or 3 when he came to us. I thought I wold die when we had to give him up and that was 7 years ago and I still grieve for him. I am so sorry I let him go through so much pain before I let the Vet take him and put him down gentley.
I understand how you feel and will be here for you when the time comes..please, don't let Kitty suffer.
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Old 05-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
Master Chef

thank you guys all so much. we have 7 kitties, but Ozzy is the oldest, save for Ellie, who is arthritic, but we haven't a clue how old she is, because we adopted her from Petsmart when she was pretty old. she cries if you even pick her up, poor kitty.
we haven't had to put one down yet, thank God!
Old 05-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #6
Master Chef

I'm feeling for you luvs......I am so attached to my cat Trinket I too wouldn't be able to handle it if anything happened to her. She's approx. 8 now. Not really sure. I got her from a lady when I went to her rummage sale. I asked how old she was and the lady kind of hesitated like it was some big secret or something :) and said 5.....well that was 3 years ago. I've never been so attached to an animal before in my life. I always joke and say I'm going to have her stuffed when she passes but theres no way I really would. Oh before I forget......my parents poodle sometimes suffers from arthritic pain and the vet told us to give her 1/2 an aspirin. You might see what your vet thinks about that for Ellie. By the way my friend has a cat named Ozzy.......he's whacky. She woke up the other morning to a severe sharp pain on her breast and the stupid thing decided he was going to nurse.........I about peed my pants laughing when she told me.......can you imagine being violated by a grown cat in the middle of the night. Ok.....just wanted to share that with you to hopefully put a smile on your face. You know we'll be here for you whenever you need us. Keep us posted.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:24 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

I love my cats and dogs.

I have a Golden retriever who is 15 years and 2 months, every year we think we will lose him, but somehow he keeps on keeping on. I know I shall miss him terribly, but he will live on in my memories and also in the bloodlines of our careful breeding programme.

"Those that we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday"
Old 05-15-2005, 10:53 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
luvs i can relate. i have 2 cats, one is 12 the other is 11. i have lost many pets over the years and it doesn't get any easier cause they're family. i remember when i had to have my boxer put down. i grieved for weeks and my bf had the nerve to say "it was just a dog". i have never been so irate with him than i was at that moment. anyway to get back on track, when the time comes i will be here for you. you can cry on my virtual shoulder anytime.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:20 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Whatever you do, DO NOT GIVE A CAT ASPIRIN!!!

One aspirin will kill a cat. Don't do it!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:15 AM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
I'm feeling for you luvs......I am so attached to my cat Trinket I too wouldn't be able to handle it if anything happened to her. She's approx. 8 now. Not really sure. I got her from a lady when I went to her rummage sale. I asked how old she was and the lady kind of hesitated like it was some big secret or something :) and said 5.....well that was 3 years ago. I've never been so attached to an animal before in my life. I always joke and say I'm going to have her stuffed when she passes but theres no way I really would. Oh before I forget......my parents poodle sometimes suffers from arthritic pain and the vet told us to give her 1/2 an aspirin. You might see what your vet thinks about that for Ellie. By the way my friend has a cat named Ozzy.......he's whacky. She woke up the other morning to a severe sharp pain on her breast and the stupid thing decided he was going to nurse.........I about peed my pants laughing when she told me.......can you imagine being violated by a grown cat in the middle of the night. Ok.....just wanted to share that with you to hopefully put a smile on your face. You know we'll be here for you whenever you need us. Keep us posted.
lol, thanks for the laugh, sizz. i laughed so hard my eyes watered.