"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 05-27-2005, 04:41 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
that's my kind of restaraunt !!! i eat with my fingers alot.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:12 PM   #22
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Myrtle Beach is great. Very relaxing, and tons to do.

A few of you have mentioned Medieval Times. James (Maidrite) and I went there for our honeymoon. Before the "tournament" the knights rode around giving roses to ladies in the audience. James said, "It's no wonder our knight lost. He missed the most beautiful woman in the audience!"

There are so many great shows down there--we haven't gotten to see many, but we plan to.

One thing your family might like is one of the dolphin cruises. I think the one we went on was in Calabash, NC, just north of Myrtle Beach. Make sure you are dressed in clothes that you don't mind getting wet though! We were completely soaked by the time we finished. We had a ball though!

Barbara

Old 05-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #23
Sous Chef

I bet that got him a kiss Barbara. :) Just tell him to keep the compliments coming.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:22 AM   #24
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyMist
I bet that got him a kiss Barbara. :) Just tell him to keep the compliments coming.
It sure did get him a kiss! He is always full of compliments, and I don't even have to tell him to!

Barbara
Old 05-30-2005, 01:03 PM   #25
Master Chef

Well we still can't decide where the heck we're going. I think we've eliminated Disney World though. Seems like the majority don't want to spend that much time driving to our destination. Again, flying is out of the question . So I'm going to check out the Myrtle Beach and Virginia Beach area. We're also looking at a closer destination of Cedar Point in Ohio. Hopefully I'll get the game plan down here soon I'm more of a throw your suitcase in the car and see where you end up kind of girl. Hubby and I took an 11 day road trip when we planned on getting married. We stopped whereever we felt like. Traveled through Kentucky and Tennessee.........ending up getting married in a little chapel between Pigeon Forge and Gattlinburg, TN. It was a wonderful and stress free vacation because we just did what we felt like doing. Good memories with that trip.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:13 PM   #26
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
I'm more of a throw your suitcase in the car and see where you end up kind of girl.
I love that kind of vacation too! We usually have a destination in mind (like when we went up to Iowa to see James's family), but we like to take time to veer off and see things on the way.

Barbara