"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 06-22-2005, 04:26 AM   #11
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
I don't really think I can decide on an all-time favorite movie quote, but if I had to , it would probably be something out of Fight Club.

My favrite quote as of late (and not b/c I think it's good, but because it's good to laugh at) is in the latest Star Wars film, where Anakin first gets around as Darth Vader, and finds out his wife died giving birth. "...what?!... nnOOOOOOO!!" IMO, Hayden Christiansen totally ruined that line... his cries really sounded forced to me, and the way he tilted his whole body back to give that yell... it looked like a cartoon Frankenstein or something. Super-cheesy.

As for the list I think I'd have to go with #145... such a good movie. Although #94 will forever be a classic. LOL, and THIS is why I can't pick a fav!

Old 06-22-2005, 07:05 AM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by college_cook

My favrite quote as of late (and not b/c I think it's good, but because it's good to laugh at) is in the latest Star Wars film, where Anakin first gets around as Darth Vader, and finds out his wife died giving birth. "...what?!... nnOOOOOOO!!" IMO, Hayden Christiansen totally ruined that line... his cries really sounded forced to me, and the way he tilted his whole body back to give that yell... it looked like a cartoon Frankenstein or something. Super-cheesy.
Hee Hee. Actually, I'm pretty sure that scene was supposed to be like that. Kind of a nod by George Lucas to the old monster movies. After all, the whole concept of Star Wars supposedly grew out of the Saturday afternoon serials he grew up watching...

And where are some of the greatest lines of the entire Star Wars series???

"I'd rather kiss a wookie!" Liea
"Who's scruffy looking?!?" Han Solo
And of course....
"I have a bad feeling about this..." At least one person in all six movies!

John

Old 06-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #13
Hospitality Queen

John -
The best Star Wars quote (IMO) is between Leia and Han:

"I love you"

"I know"
Old 06-22-2005, 10:35 AM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
John -
The best Star Wars quote (IMO) is between Leia and Han:

"I love you"

"I know"
Yeah, I think Empire Strikes Back may have been the best of the bunch for dialog.

I left out the second part of the wookie quote above...
"I'd rather kiss a wookie"
"I can arrange that!"

And I've been through that whole list, and there is not a single quote from Vegas Vacation!

"Eddie, has anyone ever told you you're bad luck?"
"Those were my mother's dying words, Clark."

John
Old 06-22-2005, 10:41 AM   #15
Hospitality Queen

You forgot the other half..."But I guess if your body's covered in third degree burns, and your foot's caught in a bear trap, you tend to start talkin' crazy. "

More of my favorite VV quotes:

Rusty: "I put a dollar in, I got a car. I put a dollar in, I got a car. I put a dollar in, I got a car. I put a dollar in, I got a car."
---------------------------

Clark: [Clark and Ellen have found Audrey dancing at the Club Aereola] "Audrey! What are you doing? Ten years of tap dancing lessons and this is the way you repay us?"
Audrey: "What? You told me to get a summer job!"
---------------------------------------------------

Rusty: "Holy crap, Wayne Newton's hittin' on Mom!"
Old 06-22-2005, 11:14 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by college_cook
I don't really think I can decide on an all-time favorite movie quote, but if I had to , it would probably be something out of Fight Club.

As for the list I think I'd have to go with #145... such a good movie. Although #94 will forever be a classic. LOL, and THIS is why I can't pick a fav!

Hayden Christiansen can't act in my opinion. He really shouldn't have been cast in this role.... you're right about it looking forced.....
Old 06-22-2005, 11:49 AM   #17
Head Chef

Oh, one other thing from Episode 3 of Star Wars - the whole "Nooo" line, that's Hayden in the suit, but not his voice.

The lines uttered by Vader, as in the original 3 movies, are uttered by the famous voice of CNN - James Earl Jones.

John
Old 06-22-2005, 12:34 PM   #18
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
Really? I thought they just piped his voice through some "Darth Vader" audio distorter... I thought it sounded a lot like Hayden.