Speaking of 'old'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
SPEAKING OF 'OLD' How many of these do you remember:

Headlight dimmer switches on the floor
Ignition switches on the dash board
Heaters mounted on the inside of the fire wall
Real ice boxes
Pant leg clips for bicycles without chain guards
Soldering irons you heat on a gas burner
Using hand signals for cars without turn signals

OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ. Count all the ones that you remember, NOT the ones you were told about. Ratings at the end... Ones I remember bolded.

1. Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottlesd w/ colored sugar water
3. Candy cigarettes
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles
5. Coffee shops with tableside jukeboxes
6. Home delivered milk in glass bottles w/cardboard stoppers
7. Party telephone lines
8. Newsreels before the movie
9. P.F. Flyers CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS??
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix (mine Osborne)
12. Peashooters
13. Howdy Doody
14. 45 RPM records
15. S&H green stamps
16. Hi-Fi's
17. Metal ice trays with levers
18. Mimeograph paper
19. Blue flashbulb on camera
20. Roller skate keys
21. Packards (my father had one)
22. Cork popguns
23. Drive-ins (movies)
24. Sutdebakers (father had one of these too)
25. Washtub ringers (brother got his tie caught in it)

If you remembered:

0 - 5 you are still young
6 - 10 you are getting older
11 - 15 do not tell your age
16 - 20 you are getting there
21 - 25 You are OLDER THAN DIRT

(guess we all know what this makes me....:LOL:

I'm older than dirt - thanks for the reminder!!!!!!!!!! P. F. Flyers if I recall were a brand of tennis shoes. It's vague :ROFLMAO: (yea right) - but I think that's what they were.

OMG - I only missed 2 and I could just need a gentle reminder on both of them. :blink:

PF Flyers:

i_splash_02_static.jpg

http://www.pfflyers.com/index.php

BUT, they used to be just black and white - and norge!!!! This is neither a joke nor a game - it's downright discouraging - I guess I'll have to add a forum titled - Things We Must Accept :rolleyes:

I remember all of them with fond memories..

i have several green stamp books (and Blue Chip stamp books) in my kitchen drawer..still use the ice cube trays in the RV. They don't crack like the plastic ones do..
Still have my roller skates with Maple wheels on them in my skate case in the garage..White high top boots and a pair of Motoecycle boots with studds on them are out there too..All from the very early 50's.
I guess I'm older than the dirt that dirt sits on, LOL

Last edited:
I am older than dirt.....outside.

Inside I am a girl in my twenties, and can't understand why the mirror does not reflect this.

Jeepers, Creepers, where did you those Sneakers?
Jeepers, Creepers, where did you get those shoes!

Yep, I remember all of them, and strips of paper with candy dots on them, monthly paperback westerns, box cameras with a top on them to look in. THey sould have another category. "Been there since creation".

kitchenelf said:
I'm older than dirt - thanks for the reminder!!!!!!!!!! P. F. Flyers if I recall were a brand of tennis shoes. It's vague :ROFLMAO: (yea right) - but I think that's what they were.

OMG - I only missed 2 and I could just need a gentle reminder on both of them. :blink:

which two?

Spice1133 said:
Yep, I remember all of them, and strips of paper with candy dots on them, monthly paperback westerns, box cameras with a top on them to look in. THey sould have another category. "Been there since creation".

you are right spice. Glad I am not the only old fardht around here.

kitchenelf said:
BUT, they used to be just black and white - and norge!!!! This is neither a joke nor a game - it's downright discouraging - I guess I'll have to add a forum titled - Things We Must Accept :rolleyes:

kitchennisse, I find now that the aging process is pretty great, that is after I figured out I liked the alternative even less.

Spice1133 said:
Hey Spice, how about like me I was there when the EARTH was COOLING:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
kadesma:blink:

I remembered every one.. and then some! Remember Nash Metropolitans and Hudson Hornets?

Bobby Benson of the B Bar B? Big John and Sparkie? Tubby the Tuba?

"Lead" pennies? (from the year I was born)

Mandatory Elementary school bank accounts?

Marcelling clips? (that's grandma stuff)

I'm not OLD.. I'm well ripened!

Geesh, I'm older than dirt:rolleyes: , but then I knew that. At the last family reunion one of my cousins commented that we now have 2 generations of old farts in the family:LOL: , and she's younger than I am:ermm:

They still make Blackjack, and there are still vending machines w/ glass bottles and they still make wax soda bottles with little sugar water in it...well I guess that's right. I fall under the "still young" category

Back
Top Bottom