"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Soups

Old 04-07-2005, 02:18 PM   #31
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to LeeAnn Send a message via Yahoo to LeeAnn
Same thing happens to me CharlieD, I cook things but the kids don't always want to eat it, or even try it! I get funny little faces and try to play along with them. Most of the time I can get them to try it, but there are those "no-way, mommay" times.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:03 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
jfy.. LeeAnn has the cutest girls in the world!!

Old 04-07-2005, 03:25 PM   #33
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife1
jfy.. LeeAnn has the cutest girls in the world!!

No way, my girls are the cutest in the world, so are my boys.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:53 AM   #34
Senior Cook

, thanks pdswife! They think you are very special also!

CharlieD, I'm sure your kids are very cute also and we Mom's love our babies, but mine really ARE the cutest girls in the world.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:36 AM   #35
Master Chef

lol, elf, you're too funny, you know that?
so glad you are home.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #36
Master Chef

LeeAnn, you see this is a diference "you mom love your babies" we dada are very honest and objective about them. so, let me tell you for sure it is my girls that are the cutest ones.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I don't know CharlieD... LeeAnn's are pretty darn cute!
Old 04-11-2005, 05:11 PM   #38
Master Chef

I freeze leftover onion soup all the time. It makes a wonderful base for dishes like stroganof and boef bourgonion as well as just being a good all around soup. When there are a group to dinner, I don't broil the soup, I take the rounds of french bread, top with gruyere or emmanthal (or a good local aged swiss), broil them, and put in a big basket, People seem to like it almost as much as the cheese encrusted restaurant version -- you put the toasted cheese bread in your bowl and spoon the soup over. Maybe not quite as much fun, but much easier on the cook when you've got 2 or 3 more courses to deal with. It's a family affair for us -- I make stock, husband makes the soup, I finish up the croutons. And my husband says to tell you he has no admiration for those of us who can only spell a word one way!
Old 04-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I freeze leftover onion soup all the time. It makes a wonderful base for dishes like stroganof and boef bourgonion as well as just being a good all around soup. When there are a group to dinner, I don't broil the soup, I take the rounds of french bread, top with gruyere or emmanthal (or a good local aged swiss), broil them, and put in a big basket, People seem to like it almost as much as the cheese encrusted restaurant version -- you put the toasted cheese bread in your bowl and spoon the soup over. Maybe not quite as much fun, but much easier on the cook when you've got 2 or 3 more courses to deal with. It's a family affair for us -- I make stock, husband makes the soup, I finish up the croutons. And my husband says to tell you he has no admiration for those of us who can only spell a word one way!

I love the way your husband thinks. Next time my husband teases me for my lack of spelling skill.. I'll tell him I'm smarter than him because I know MANY MANY different ways to spell the silly words!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #40
Senior Cook

Sorry CharlieD, I didn't mean anything gender specific about that (even though I did write it ). How about this, I'll give you the pleasure of having the cutest girls in Minnesota, and I'll take the rest of the world! There, that should work out fine!

Tags
None