Chicken Potato Chip Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getoutamykitchen

Master Chef
This a recipe I grew up on. My mom always used canned tuna fish, but when I married my husband I had to ditch the tuna and starting using chicken. Now I can't stand it with tuna either.

Chicken Potato Chip Casserole
Ingredients:
1 - 12 1/2 oz. can white meat chicken (break apart any large chunks with a fork)
1 - 10 3/4 oz. can Cream of Chicken Soup (un-diluted)
12 oz. whole white milk
1 - 14 oz. bag potato chips - crushed (can be regular, rippled, lightly salted, etc.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray a 2 1/2 qt. casserole with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl; combine all the ingredients until well blended. Allow to sit for 1 - 2 minutes to allow the chips to absorb the milk, stir again.
Pour the entire mixture into prepared casserole, cover and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.

Sometimes if I remember during the last 10 minutes of baking I take the lid off to get more crunch on top.

My husband insists on having it with green beans, jellied cranberry sauce and french bread/roll.
img_871213_0_f3ce5534d57a28a2cfeabe9f9dc5ac14.jpg

How could anything with potato chips in it be bad? LOL! I think I might try this with some leftover chicken. Think that would work?

Leftovers usually go with DH in his lunchbag, but I think I'm going to reserve some to try this. Will post when I've done it.

My dh would love your recipe. I've made a copy and will give it a try. Will let you know how it goes, and thank you:)
kades

Back
Top Bottom