American Living in Turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aegean Coaster

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I am a new member and also fairly new to living in Izmir, Turkey. I moved from Washington D.C. to this area 6 months ago. I was motived to become a member of Discuss Cooking due to the different variety of foods that are available in Turkey and along the Aegean coastline.

I live on the coast near Urla, Turkey and I am about a 2 hour drive to the famous ruins of the city of Ephesus. If ever in the area, contact me if you need some simple accomodations for a night or two.

Jim

Welcome to DC, Aegean Coaster. You will find this to be a happy, generous group, that avoids the tasteless and irrelevant arguments that plague many online groups - thanks to our vigilant and compassionate moderators. I am also looking forward to hearing about Turkish foods - I know very little about the type of food eaten in your part of the world...share with us!

Welcome, Aegean Coaster :)

I spent 10 days in Turkey in 2001. We spent one night in Izmir and visited Ephesus and a ceramic factory while there. I just loved everything about the country - the food, the textiles, the architecture, the pottery, the people - it was great :) I bought a Turkish cookbook when I got back and had a Turkish-themed dinner party. I need to look through that book again. I made my first, and so far only, batch of fresh cheese from that book :chef:

Can't wait to see some of your favorite recipes.

Welcome:) Glad for you to join us!
Please share some of your favorite dishes from there. Not a cuisine you hear about often....
That is one thing I love about this sight, there really are a great variety of locations represented here i.e countries, at least more than I have seen on other sights! Great to learn new things about International cuisines straight from the source!

Welcome!

I've been to Ephesus. along with a few thousand other tourists, but know little about the country.

Looking forward to seeing some native recipes.

Welcome to this web site. it is becoming a international web sight and so very interesting to hear from all parts of the globe. All the different kinds of cusine.
I am hungry all ready.

Welcome to DC Jim.......Make yourself at home.

I was just thinking... it is a better thing to be an American living in Turkey, than a Turkey living in America!

Have Fun & Enjoy!!

Welcome and enjoy your stay here. Tell us about foods available in your area, also tell us why you moved there. and whatever else you might think might be interesting to share. But no politicks, I get in trouble because of that all the time.

Hi and welcome AC!

I stayed for a week in Izmir back in the mid 1980's (NATO exercise)... very interesting place.

Welcome to DC... everytime I see this thread, I keep thinking of a Turkey living in America!

Hello, Jim, and welcome to the Boards. I am from the Washington, D.C, area. I am anxious to hear about your experiences and the wonderful foods there. Can't wait til you start posting.

Welcome to DC, Jim........we only got to visit Istanbul but had a wonderful time........I'm sure there is a big difference in regards to the various cities but had the most delicious lamb chops ever..........the lamb here is not so great....maybe you can post some recipes........

Back
Top Bottom