Greetings from Playa del Rey, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SignoraEdie

Assistant Cook
I "googled in" to this site while searching for some tips on adding prosciutto to a penne ala vodka sauce. (the question...to add it when gentling sauteing the onions, or toward the end since it is such a delicate meat?) I enjoyed browsing through your various threads and decided to register and hang around for a while. I am newly retired and am of Italian-American heritage. Now that I have the time, I am going back to my roots...growing my own vegetables and cooking all those wonderful family recipes that take love and time as well as trying new things. My husband's expanding waistline is evidence of my success. Fortunately, we belong to the Y and work out! I am an avid reader and have been enjoying reading "foodie" books like Heat by Bill Buford. I appreciate the cooking tips that I am able to pick up from those with experience and look forward to sharing ideas, recipes and knowledge with all of you.

Hello and welcome to DC. It is nice to see someone else from Southern California. I live in the San Fernando Valley next to Studio City.

You will love our Cooking Site because it is very special and the members are not only great cooks but also lovely people.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking, SignoraEdie, from another So. Californian :chef:

It's been eons since I visited Playa del Rey - Miis the restaurants, etc. Will have to get over to your neck of the woods again soon.

mish said:
Welcome to Discuss Cooking, SignoraEdie, from another So. Californian :chef:

It's been eons since I visited Playa del Rey - Miis the restaurants, etc. Will have to get over to your neck of the woods again soon.

and we would love to have you!

We watched the Airbus 380 land at LAX the other day. Restaurants come and go, but the Shack is still here if you want a cholesteral shock!

Back
Top Bottom