Inspiration from a new guy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds like you believe the science is settled when it comes to glyphosates, and I hope that's not true. My experiences is that science is funny when it comes to settled science, a lesson I learned many years ago.
As far as I know, from experts I trust, there is no evidence of glyphosate causing health issues in people. As I said, it has been examined by medical researchers, regulatory agencies and scientific organizations around the world and they have all approved its use. If new research becomes available, I will certainly take a look at it and reconsider.

What was the lesson about?

One thing that is settled for sure is, the food, agra and pharma industrial complex's are driven by money, power and politics, all factors that have no business in science which at it's core is simply a truth seeker.
Agreed. However, I am not into conspiracy theories that say all of these, and all scientists everywhere, are involved in a huge project to fake the research and kill everyone.

Also, a chemical can have an effect on other chemicals within the body without it not appearing to be left behind. I can't think of any compound that humans ingest that doesn't have an effect on our metabolic system or other systems in some way. :)
"without it not appearing to be left behind" Hm?

There are a lot of substances that people don't digest or metabolize, like rocks (except for salt) and insoluble fiber, including that in foods like broccoli, whole corn kernels, nuts and seeds. They just go right through.

Science studies change, interpretations change, the data collection methods change. As someone who worked in research long before I switched over to education, I can attest that much research is based on empirical data. For example, where and how wheat is grown will vary. What constitutes a pesticide will vary. How something is classified as organic will vary. Expert interpretations will also vary. (These are actually the things I miss about working in research.)

My mother believed that all food was chemical. (Which is true.) When fighting a cancer that doctors gave her six months to live, she used her medical team, herbal medications, and basic observation of how she responded to things to put the cancer in remission multiple times over 19 years until it beat her down. Momma had a HS education, but I would match her against most any nutritional expert out there in regards to what worked for her. Her cancer was inoperable and uncurable. Typically, it was extremely aggressive. The chemo was to be brutal. She took her herbal supplements, ate what she felt would help her best, and went to chemo. Then she came home and repapered her kitchen while her hair was falling out in clumps. And it went into remission for a couple of years only to start to grow again.

I guess what I am saying is today's "proof" is tomorrow's mistake. (Ex. Fat is bad and the MSG bs.) I am impressed by people who take ownership of their medical health and partner with their medical teams to do what is best for them. I also believe that everyone *must* take ownership with their health. We are complex organisms. What works for one may or may not work for someone else. What is true for one is not always true for another. I love to hear opinions. I don't try to judge whether it is valid or not but file it away to consider should I need it. Though the researcher in me always asks more questions. It makes it better information for all.

The only exception to me not passing judgment would be for the person who told me that snakes have no bones. 😏 We all have our moments of right and wrong, but only we can know what is true for us. Yanno?

@pictonguy Thank you for sharing your story.

It's wonderful to hear about your journey to better health through dietary changes. Transitioning from paleo meal kits to scratch cooking with fresh, organic ingredients has not only improved your psoriasis but also heightened your culinary skills.

It's wonderful to hear about your journey to better health through dietary changes. Transitioning from paleo meal kits to scratch cooking with fresh, organic ingredients has not only improved your psoriasis but also heightened your culinary skills.
That it has.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom