"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Hello

Hello everyone. Stopped by today to ask the opinion of better cooks (and bakers) than myself. Hope to get some good info.

I am making raspberry tartlets and reviewing the recipes, wondering, if I can bake cooked pudding (and if so how long does it need to bake) just right into the shells or if it would be better to make the shells first (so they don't get soggy) and then add the cooked pudding?

Any ideas?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Head Chef

Welcome to DC.

Josie

Old 04-02-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJORapp View Post
Hello everyone. Stopped by today to ask the opinion of better cooks (and bakers) than myself. Hope to get some good info.

I am making raspberry tartlets and reviewing the recipes, wondering, if I can bake cooked pudding (and if so how long does it need to bake) just right into the shells or if it would be better to make the shells first (so they don't get soggy) and then add the cooked pudding?

Any ideas?
Good morning from North Wales, google Pate Sucree, blind bake, then if you are really worried about a soggy bottom paint the inside of the blind bake shell with egg white and return to the oven for a minute.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #4
Master Chef

I would not bake them with a custard. The idea of painting them with egg white is a good one to prevent sogginess. You might also try painting some of them with melted dark chocolate after they are baked. It will create a whole different taste experience. Also a little Framboise in a glaze made from melted rasberry jelly would be nice to put a sparkle on them.