Hey cooks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Weeks

Senior Cook
I searched, and I don't think I ever did write an intro for myself here, and since I'm coming back after a long hiatus, I figured I might as well.

Hi everyone, I'm Weeks. I'm a sometimes professional line cook, always a cut-up and never afraid to experiment outside my own flavor comfort zones. Currently I'm celebrating a train wreck of huge events in my life, not the least of which is the birth of my second daughter, Laurel Elaine. My wife and both kids are in Georgia right now staying with my parents while I deal with the other big changes in our lives.

I just got a new job in Hattiesburg, MS! So, it's time to uproot the family and move. :) I just got back last night from closing the deal on renting a nice property about 5 minutes' drive from my workplace down there, and I'm sorta busy packing and pondering my cooking plans for tonight...

...since tonight is the season premier of Top Chef 4. :chef: It's ironic to me that my favorite cooking show on TV right now isn't on Food Network. Aside from the fact that snarky ol' Anthony Bourdain shows his face on the show at least once a season and puts me in stitches, the cooks are usually genuinely talented and not unused to working -very- hard. I like that. Having worked as a line cook in some very fast-paced high-volume kitchens, I have a lot of respect for people who have "been there done that" so to speak.

Anyways, good to be back. I'm going to have a lot of free time here for the next two months or so while my wife finishes out her enlistment in the US Air Force and joins me towards the beginning of May. To the kitchen!

Congrats on the new baby and best of luck with all the changes, hope it all works out well for all of you!

Indeed, KE, indeed.

Life's been busy. I've still been throwing things together in the kitchen like I always used to, though, so expect to see some recipes from me when I get around to remembering where I wrote them down... ><

Back
Top Bottom