Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RPMcMurphy

Cook
Hey, posted before doing an intro, but figured now is a better time than any.

I'm 25, like long walks...no wait.....wrong forum.

Ok..

I'm 25, and my new years resolution was to stop spending so much money fine dining (enough for a nice sports car last year) and learn how to cook. My other new years resolution, was to get this mental thing out of my head and eat seafood. I've never eaten more than a taste (and usually spit it out) of seafood in 25 years. Just one of those mental gag reflex things that I can't even explain....I WANTED to eat seafood, it just never "worked".

2008 is a new year and I said screw it. I'm going to eat me some seafood.

To date, I've eaten (and by eaten, I classify it as more than 1 piece of in more than 1 mouthful, just a 'taste' or 1 piece doesn't count)

Shrimp a couple of ways
Lobster
Crab
Scallops
Mussels
Seared VERY rare/raw tuna

My latest accomplishment was actually ordering a dish with shrimp in it....I'm working on it...

So, 1/1/2007, I began learning how to cook, along with my girlfriend. So for the past couple of months I've been building my kitchen, and investing in some decent cookware.

My experience with dining out is very broad, I traveled a lot the past couple of years all over Europe (with the exception of Italy ****it!), Asia, etc. and I've been spoiled and eaten at some of the best places in each, however, nothing beats the home cooked meals I had in Germany.

I'm a BIG picture taker, in the sense that I take horrible amature pictures and don't try to be a photographer, but I take pictures of EVERYTHING!

check out my blog (won't let me post a link but it's in my sig and I swear its not spam) for some of my recent meals and pictures.

some good ones are my easter feast, and a couple of desserts from a while back and some of the more recent ones. I try to cook something different at least 2-3 times a week, however I work one of those 9-5 jobs unfortunately.

I'll probably be asking questions more than answering them, but I'll do my best.

some pictures from my blog
272558210_P4oYB-M.jpg

269229521_RtsfM-M.jpg

269537786_wrNRk-M.jpg

264811511_bidCU-M.jpg

257333200_B7sau-M.jpg

250397235-M.jpg

233344426-M.jpg

Welcome to DC. Looks like you have all the equipment in line.... I like the pot rack... I have to get me one of those when I finally gut my kitchen this summer... right now I am using framing nails:ermm:

Looks like you're learning pretty well!
When's dinner?
Welcome!

Welcome to DC!! Lovely photos. I have often found that a lot of foods that I don't like the taste of, I am actually intolerant to - it's just that you don't get a reaction until you have exposed yourself enough. Avocados and mangoes are two of my intolerances/allergies. Both I was previously able to eat but now both make me ill in different ways. The seafood dislike may be similar. Just be vigiliant to any possible reactions. The body works in mysterious ways!! ;-)

:chef:Greetings and salutations...seems you're resolution is one for the books-you've kept it and look to be succeeding your own expectations...well done. A suggestion on meals due to your work schedule-I've found that if I take one chicken, pork roast, etc and make 3 different meals-I only have to cook twice during the work week-more fun - more interesting at both the cooking end and the eating...I am fortunate enough to work where fresh seafood from Florida's Gulf Coast and local fresh and brackish waters are an every day part of my professional life---Enjoy and look forward to some more pics

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom