New To The Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SugarLipsNoMore

Assistant Cook
LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF...

I HAVE JUST RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HECK I AM DOING AND AM STRUGGLING FOR RECIPES. I KNOW IT'S BETTER NOT TO GO IT ALONE AND THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE TO START.

I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WORKS. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO CHAT, BUT I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF CHAT IS AN OPTION (OR IF I AM JUST ALLOWED TO POST:question: ). I'M PUTTING ON MY SEATBELT UNTIL I LEARN MORE.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU ALL.:D

Hi Sugar,
you're not alone..There are some diabetics here at DC and I'm one of them.We have a Healthy Eating topic and you can get recipes and some answers there.
to start, never say never:) I thought the samething when diagnosed..My advice first off is to have your doctor refer you to a dietitian who will help you meal plan..Second you can eat anything you want,but you will need to learn to count carbs,of which sugar is one. Portion control will also help. Just remember to never say never..Find our healthy eating topic and I'll see you there and help as much as I can..
kadesma:)

Hey SugarNOmore!

Welcome to DC!! I too am Type II. Ditto Ditto!! everything Miss Kadesma said!! I hope your Doctor has you on medication. Weight loss, and regular exercise helps tremendously!!

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom