Strange PM from someone saying she is a Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
I received a PM from someone called Rebecca saying that she is new here and wanted to say 'Hi'. When I replied saying welcome, it must have given my computer details because I immediately received something listing lots of Buddhist links etc.
I cannot see the name of anyone called Rebecca in the recent Newbies.
In future I shall be very wary of replying to a name that I do not know from DC. It just seems rather strange. I have deleted it so cannot forward it to a Moderator. Should have thought of that but deleted before I realised it was a strange one.:ermm:

LMAO @ the lengths these pathetic scamming losers will go to to peddle their ridiculous products. I'd like to find out where some of these people live.

Shame that someone is using this lovely site to peddle their own publications.
Even more of a shame to do it under such false pretences.
It feels like burglars trying to get in!

csalt said:
It feels like burglars trying to get in!

exactly..that is pretty much the lowest form of life, people who make a living that way. they are like cockroaches.

how do you get into a field like that?

Our ISP is excellent in filtering out spam but it didn't occur to me that this wasn't gebuine. The word 'naive' or lonely crossed my mind.
It's a real shame their dragging Buddhism into a scam.

If anyone still has this PM can they please forward it to me via PM?

If anyone is ever bothered by anything like this please let us know ASAP. This person shouldn't be bothering us anymore :)

Not only have they been banned but their ISP has been banned as well. This means that they can't just sign up using another name. They will have to go through the expense of changing their Internet service provider, which I doubt will happen.

Last edited:
K E, sorry if I've made a fuss. I genuinely didn't realise it was bogus until it was too late.
Thanks for the prompt attention.

You didn't make a fuss csalt - we need to know about these things. We don't want our members being solicited EVER! You did the right thing by announcing it and warning other people NOT to open the link. You did good! :flowers:

Do you still need a copy forwarded? I got one as well. I am still rather new at this forum and was not aware that this was not common.

Hey I got that message in my private mail. It said she was new and she was saying hi. I said welcome to the site and private messaged her back

legend_018 said:
Hey I got that message in my private mail. It said she was new and she was saying hi. I said welcome to the site and private messaged her back

That's what I did too! Never mind, now we are all a bit wiser ( and some of us older!!:ermm: )

Jeekinz, of course you're special. Everyone in DC is special.:)

Back
Top Bottom