REC: Smoked Tomato Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I just mixed this up for today...It's easy,and I have to say even without sitting in the refrigerator to chill, then bring back to oom temp, it is really tasty.
You just put everything into your f/p and pulse,scraping down the sides several times and your done...
you need:
I pack of 3oz. smoked sun dried tomatoes, one 8oz. cream cheese, 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 cup,sour cream, salt,pepper, I added a little more of the mayo and sour cream,tabasco as much or as little as you want. For the salt I used a grey salt with sun dried tomatoes and garlic in it and 4 green onions tops and bottoms..Pulse on and off, scrape down sides of f/p several times..Put into serving bowl cover and chill. Remove let come to room temp and serve with crackers or baguettes..Now, I tasted mine with a piece of celery and it was delicious. I think I'm going to do a quick veggie tray to go with the dip as well..
enjoy,
kadesma:)

texasgirl said:
I like anything with sundried tomato flavor. This sounds wonderful!!
Hi Texas:)
This dip turned out really good. I'm not much for real smokey flavors and when I opened the tomatoes, I kind of thought oh oh!! But after I got it mixed and tried it with some celery, I really enjoyed it. The smoke flavor is nice not over powering and the tomatoes give it a sweetness, and mixing in
some Tabasco gives it some zip...Really nice..

Barb L. said:
My mouth is watering, sounds so good, thanks for the recipe !!
You're welcome:)
Wish I could reach through the screen and hand you some...

cjs said:
now, doesn't this sound good! and I think I have everything in our little RV fridge!
Hi cjs,
we had this yesterday and we all really enjoyed it. When I make it again I plan to add a little more onion and tabasco to it..It's great on veggies,crackers or baguette.. I prefer the veggies, the kids the crackers and sons in law the baguette:LOL:

Made this last night - very tasty and I did add a couple shakes of Tabasco and a few toasted pine nuts. This is a keeper! Thankd kadesma.

cjs said:
Made this last night - very tasty and I did add a couple shakes of Tabasco and a few toasted pine nuts. This is a keeper! Thankd kadesma.
You're welcome cjs,
So glad you liked it..The pine nuts sound like a great addition and will try that myself next time..

Back
Top Bottom