"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Sauces

Old 12-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Attili View Post
You are borderline evil there LEFSlover! Can't you figure out a way to cyber share?
how bout if you just PM me your addy and I'll get you some like I've done to 4 others on here...................I am willing to share, I, after all, want all your teeth to fall out

Okay, I'm about to try to post a pix, one of the sauce in the ball jar and the other of the hokey pokey in my Limogues Apple Blossom china. We'll see if I can do that and thanks to Constance for helping me out, but the proof's in the pudding and so far, there's no pudding yet. I'll try though.
Oh, why are my pix so small? You can't hardly see the hokey pokey in them, oh, sad face here
You know VaporTrail, you are on incredible person, thank you SOOOOO much. I'll try all your advice.
I put it into the wrong Picasa thing to begin with using the collage square thinking that'd put both pictures in the same box, not.
I need to get it off my computer and put in more.

I just made a batch now using Maple syrup. Came out so good, am taking it to my 'x' beauty salon that I worked at for years in my last life. They should be thrilled to see me show up with yummies
Update, the owner of the salon was there and so happy that I walked in, either cause she was happy to see me, but then why did she take that bowl out of my hand so quickly? Her staff of hair/nail/masseuse people, many of which I know, came a runnin. It was gone before I left

Old 12-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #12
Head Chef

It looks like it would be delicious. Is it a kind of brittle kind of thing?

Old 12-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
It looks like it would be delicious. Is it a kind of brittle kind of thing?
Not really, it's very light weight and tender, if you put a piece in your mouth, or 14,684 pieces like I have, if you don't chew, it just melts away and disintigrates. It's amazing stuff.

Anyone, why are these pix so small? How can I make them bigger so you can see the texture of the candy?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:38 PM   #14
Head Chef

If I clicked on your photos, they were then enlarged.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #15
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Thanks Renee, never thought of that ! Love your serving bowl - looks like my Grandma's.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:58 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Quick (computer photo) tip:

When using a scanner to scan a photo such as the above, open the picture your scanner creates with a picture editing program (MSPaint will do it).

Use the Rectangular Marquee tool (the dashed rectangle) to select what you want to keep. Press CTRL+C (shortcut for "Copy what I have selected to memory")

Under File, (at the top of Paint) Select New. When it asks if you want to save your changes, select No. Now under Image, select "Attributes". Set both numbers to 1 and hit OK. Press CTRL+V (Shortcut for "Paste down what I have in memory")

This will paste your selection onto paint, and should expand the borders of the picture (which you set to as small as they would go) to the proper size.

Now File>Save As. Choose where you want the file to be saved, choose a name, and select JPEG as the file type (if not already selected). This will save space over a BMP or Bitmap file. Hit Ok.

End Result:

Upload the new file to your webspace and start using it in via links and [img] tags.

It is possible to increase the size of the photo in Paint... but at the loss of detail, as evidenced below.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ntDemoBlow.jpg (Linked only because it's big).

It can take a bit of fiddling, but I can go into that if someone wants me to.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #17
Head Chef

Why don't you just bundle up some and stop by Cape Coral Florida. I could use a "little somthing sweet" right about now!
Old 12-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #18
Master Chef

Thanks for telling her how, VaporTrail. I don't have a scanner, so I made a stab at it. I wasn't too far off. I told her to make a picture file in documents, and store it there.

That hokey pokey sure looks good, LL.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance View Post
Thanks for telling her how, VaporTrail. I don't have a scanner, so I made a stab at it. I wasn't too far off. I told her to make a picture file in documents, and store it there.

That hokey pokey sure looks good, LL.
I just made a batch this morning for the purpose of taking it to work for my supervisors. I used honey. I have many jars of it that I bought years ago. They're sealed and I've used several over the years in everything you can think of. The honey version is the lightest one yet. I didn't use any chocolate chips cause I just wanted to see if I liked the honey flavor before making a big batch so I did the 5T 2 T 1 t version. It may be my favorite one so now, I'll make a big batch to take to work on Thursday, I know they'll love it. Can not tell you how many times I've written this recipe down for complete strangers.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Why don't you just bundle up some and stop by Cape Coral Florida. I could use a "little somthing sweet" right about now!
I didn't get a PM from ya. Others who sent me their addy got a package of it already, you're behind the 8 ball

Tags
None