Making orange flavored chocolate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAPyessir6

Senior Cook
I want to attempt to replicate a Terrys Chocolate Orange (European?) chocolate that I've had in the past and enjoyed greatly. (It's an orange flavored chocolate.). My only issue is one ingredient/flavoring: orange oil. Orange oil is made with a high concentration of alcohol, and I thought the water content still present in the alcohol will cause the chocolate to seize if I add it to flavor the chocolate after tempering. Am I right in this assumption, and if so should I try making orange extract/oil in a non water-based liquid? Could I use liquid glycerin instead, or is the water content in that still too high as well?

%2fFiles%2fImages%2fProducts%2fShop%2fProducts%2f0060-0100.jpg
Michael’s craft store sells small bottles for around $5.00, in the candy making section.

Using just orange zest actually tastes better than orange extracts or oils - seems more of a balanced flavor. I just made a batch of orange flavored brownies, for one of the Thanksgiving sweets. If you make a chocolate with some chopped hazelnuts or almonds, the texture of the zest won't be very noticeable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom