Easy pizza sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really, in Italy just about everyone uses crushed tomatoes or passata (plain tomato sauce) out of the tin (liquid squeezed out), then sprinkle the herb/spice mix specially blended for pizza. (oregano, basil, majoram, thyme and a bit of red crushed pepper)
Works great. Just be careful not to go overboard specially with very thin crusts, as it can get soggy.

This time of year, when tomatoes are at their finest, I like to skin and seed some fresh tomatoes and give them a rough chop. Add a bit of freshly chopped garlic, and a chiffonade of fresh basil, some salt and pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil... No cheese! but you can add some if you want.

ChefJune said:
This time of year, when tomatoes are at their finest, I like to skin and seed some fresh tomatoes and give them a rough chop. Add a bit of freshly chopped garlic, and a chiffonade of fresh basil, some salt and pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil... No cheese! but you can add some if you want.

adding some anchovy fillets (alici), this will be a nice marinara pizza!:cool:

Oooh,these are good suggestions. My 10 y.o. doesn't like cheese and is quite demanding when it comes to pizza. I wiil try theseThank you!

This is my standard "go to" pizza sauce

6 oz can tomato paste
6 oz warm water
3 T grated parm cheese
1 t dried basil
1 t dried oregaon
3/4 t onion powder
1.5 T honey
1 garlic clove, minced finely
salt/pepper to taste

mix it all up well and let it sit 30 minutes to let the flavors marry.

lkcheat said:
Anyone have an easy pizza sauce to share?:)

1 medium tin of tomatoes, crushed ( I usually use a potato masher, but you could use a steam hammer if you like them REALLY crushed:ROFLMAO: . Sorry - my silly joke!)

4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh oregano
1 tsp fresh basil
olive oil
a 1/2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste

I don't know why I like a slightly sweet pizza sauce... but I do!
I also like to cook this down a good deal more than my sauce for pasta.

for kids' pizza sauce:
3 parts passata or even tomato ketchup (yes! :)))
1 part tomato puree
honey to taste--i usually put 1 part honey
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional)
sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 tsps dried parsley (you can always use fresh herbs instead but i use these when my kids have an urge for pizza and i have these on hand...also, these are only approximate quantities...usually i just use dashes and sprinkles of this and that)
mix all together and spread...
then when you have layered your pizza with sauce and cheese...just drizzle a bit of olive oil all over the pizza then bake!

enjoy!

Toots said:
This is my standard "go to" pizza sauce

How much does this make? I have a problem somtimes with pizza sauce. I make a few pizza's and than the sauce sits in the frige. I don't make pizza again for a little while and i don't use the use. I than end up throwing it away.

I'm guessing you could also store it in the freezor. Would be nice to just be able to make enuf sauce for a few pizza's though.

Back
Top Bottom