Unhappy with Turkey Gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielle_Eddings

Assistant Cook
This year I decided to brine my turkey. Turkey was awesome, gravy from it wasn't. The brine consisted of salt, sugar and poulty herbs. My gravy came out too salty. Any ideas on how I could have balanced out the saltiness?

I brine my turkey every year and make loads of delicious gravy.

The key is to make up a pot of unsalted turkey broth from the giblets and neck and or extra parts.

Separate the fat from the drippings and combine the drippings with the broth. Procede as usual.

You could use unsalted chicken broth, instead, too.

When it get close to the holidays and our store has turkey wings and drumsticks for sell separate, I always stock up, Then I put all in a stock pot with garlic, celery, carrots, onions a bay leaf - S&P and let it simmer and when it reduces you have a rich stock for gravy. Strain the veggies. Then put in 2 cup containers in the freezer.

Works out great if all of sudden you have a friend ill or etc. You can cut up fresh veggies and add the broth and a quick soup to deliver.

I do the same with beef bones .

I started doing this after one year my turkey gave up very lil juice for gravy.

I brine my turkey every year and make loads of delicious gravy.

The key is to make up a pot of unsalted turkey broth from the giblets and neck and or extra parts.

Separate the fat from the drippings and combine the drippings with the broth. Procede as usual.

You could use unsalted chicken broth, instead, too.

yep, that's what I do. The gravy was delicious this year... Creamy, just the right thickness... yummy

Back
Top Bottom