"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories

Old 06-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #31
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaWright View Post
You people and your Vita Mix blenders!!! Why can't I find one!!!!
You have to hold your mouth right.

Then stop looking for one.

Then you will be sure to find one!

Old 06-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #32
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaWright View Post
You people and your Vita Mix blenders!!! Why can't I find one!!!!
I see a lot of VM 3600 & 4000 on eBay that ship from Florida. Of course, eBay tends to be pricey. What type are you looking for, retro or new model? I can keep my eyes opened here. I have as many as I can use, and often buy for others. I often find 3600's not working or incomplete, and refurbish them myself. I have an account now with their parts department. I also live in an area where there are several extremely good thrift stores.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #33
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
I see a lot of VM 3600 & 4000 on eBay that ship from Florida. Of course, eBay tends to be pricey. What type are you looking for, retro or new model? I can keep my eyes opened here. I have as many as I can use, and often buy for others. I often find 3600's not working or incomplete, and refurbish them myself. I have an account now with their parts department. I also live in an area where there are several extremely good thrift stores.
Well I have looked on eBay and don't want to buy there because, like you said, too pricey. I told my daughter (she is 8) if she ever sees one at a thrift store, EVEN if it's broken, to grab it. I would get it fixed.

The think is my mother passed away almost two years ago and my dad passed away about 3 months ago. I am the married one with a family so I got most of her stuff but the one thing my brother wanted was the Vita Mix. I couldn't fight him for it because I got so much of everything and that was the one thing he wanted. So, alas, I am on my own to find one. Therefore, I am not super picky.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #34
Sous Chef

Got a new coffee roaster this morning. Caffe Rosto. Discontinued, but gets great reviews at Sweet Maria's. They have instructions for it, too. $3.93+tax. Works just fine, and has a larger capacity than the FreshRoast+8 I've been using. Too hot too roast this afternoon, and I have a couple days worth roasted ahead. I'll try it out Saturday or Sunday, early morning or late evening.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #35
Assistant Cook

At the local op shop yesterday came across a cast iron dutch oven.

Inscribed on the base, Victor designed by Robert Welch. I lifted the lid to find this awful orange rust, but have since scrubbed and seasoned it, and it looks really good.

Cost of 15.00 AU a real bargain, i am delighted.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #36
Cook

So here are my latest finds. I got a Pampered Chef Stone casserole dish, the square one, probably 9x9 for $2.95.

I got a Le Creuset skillet in blue for $9.95.

Last but not least I got a small Le Creuset Dutch Oven, maybe a two quart, for $7.95.

All in all it was a good shopping day. All that at only one thrift store.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #37
Head Chef

I really don't need much kitchenware because I have so much!

But......in the last few months I have been scoring on some of those TV infomercial carousel plastic container storage thingys for $1 each, and I have 5 sets now!

They are perfect for all of the freezing of summer veggies I do.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #38
Sous Chef

OK, here goes...Cuis DLC-7, DLC-8, DLC-10, all complete, all the accessories for the DCL-8, Two Vita Mix 3600's (one a +) and some assorted Wagner cast iron. Gave away the DLC-10. Oh, and some Pampered Chef unglazed baking stoneware.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #39
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
OK, here goes...Cuis DLC-7, DLC-8, DLC-10, all complete, all the accessories for the DCL-8, Two Vita Mix 3600's (one a +) and some assorted Wagner cast iron. Gave away the DLC-10. Oh, and some Pampered Chef unglazed baking stoneware.
Was this in only one outing, or over a period of time?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #40
Sous Chef

Two weeks or so...four thrift stores, maybe two visits each...three to one of them. Oops...and "The Cake Bible" by Rose Levy Beranbaum, in good shape, for a buck.