Pickle juice packs a punch!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I made fried chicken last night. I brined it for about 8 hours, then marinaded it for another 8, and dredged it in heavily seasoned flour. It came out perfectly, considering I was frying BS Dolly chicken breasts! The thing that surprised me was how potent a brine pickle juice can be. The flavor of the pickle juice shone through the buttermilk and hot sauce marinade, and made short work of the spices in the flour. Every bite had a bit of pickle to it!

I will do the pickle juice brining again. Just one question; what do I do with the pickles, which are now sitting in their jar, liquidless.

I love pickle juice. When the pickles are gone I fill the jar with HB eggs and in about 3 days you have pickled eggs.

Maybe most people do that, but it might be new to some.

Pickle juice makes a good rye bread, using it for 1/2-3/4 of the liquid. Gives it a delicious and unusual flavor, that most people would be trying to figure out "what that flavor is" when they are eating some, and when I'd tell them what was in it, they'd say "Oh yeah!"

I love pickle juice. When the pickles are gone I fill the jar with HB eggs and in about 3 days you have pickled eggs.

Maybe most people do that, but it might be new to some.
Pickle juice makes a good rye bread, using it for 1/2-3/4 of the liquid. Gives it a delicious and unusual flavor, that most people would be trying to figure out "what that flavor is" when they are eating some, and when I'd tell them what was in it, they'd say "Oh yeah!"
You two have it backward. He used the pickle juice as a marinade and is wondering what to do with pickles that have no liquid.

You two have it backward. He used the pickle juice as a marinade and is wondering what to do with pickles that have no liquid.

I realized what was done, but I figured I'd offer another reason to go buy pickles for the juice! lol

I've never been a fan of pickle relish, but then, I'm thinking of store-bought. I'm sure that there are some good recipes out there - maybe including some habaneros - that would use up a lot of pickles.

I found that finely chopping up a small amount of dill pickle and adding that, as well as just a bit of juice to corned beef hash gives it a punch of flavor.

Back
Top Bottom