"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Condiments

Old 12-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #61
Head Chef

Mustard and Southwest sauce. There's nothing like southwest sauce on a sandwich!

Old 12-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #62
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Butter - is butter a condiment?

I'm also a huge chutney fan.
Of course butter is a condiment. EVERYThING tastes better with butter. Butter shall conquer the world. You can never have too much butter. Right now there are six pounds of butter in my freezer.

Ooops! Sorry, I had to stop and wipe the drool off my screen. After butter comes garlic. One can never have too much butter or garlic.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #63
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Of course butter is a condiment. EVERYThING tastes better with butter. Butter shall conquer the world. You can never have too much butter. Right now there are six pounds of butter in my freezer.

Ooops! Sorry, I had to stop and wipe the drool off my screen. After butter comes garlic. One can never have too much butter or garlic.
not much that's better than those two items, but technically, neither would be classified as a Condiment. Just sayin'...
Old 12-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #64
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
not much that's better than those two items, but technically, neither would be classified as a Condiment. Just sayin'...
A nice big baked potato with a crispy skin topped off with sea salt, a stick of butter and a head of roasted garlic. I just created my favorite condiments.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #65
Chef Extraordinaire

Frank's hot sauce is the one I use up quickly. Although, we go through a lot of mayo, but that is homemade, so it probably doesn't count because we make it on an "as needed" basis and add different seasonings depending on why we are making it in the first place. And, never MW. I fed the jar I bought by accident to the chickens.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #66
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I really like soy sauce or teriyaki. I'm really happy they came out with a light soy.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Frank's hot sauce is the one I use up quickly. Although, we go through a lot of mayo, but that is homemade, so it probably doesn't count because we make it on an "as needed" basis and add different seasonings depending on why we are making it in the first place. And, never MW. I fed the jar I bought by accident to the chickens.
Egg salad in the makinig.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #68
Chef Extraordinaire

i can't really decide on one.

i love ketchup, but i'm also a mustard freak. i have 8 or 10 mustards in the fridge at any given time.

but then there's hot sauces; not the insanely hot ones, but good peppery/vinegary ones.

finally, i can't forget about sweet chilli sauce, blue cheese and ranch dressings, and tsatsiki sauce.

so many condiments, so little time.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #69
Sous Chef

Real sriracha (NOT the Hung Fong rooster brand/green top one, blech!) is the greatest. I go with Shark brand sriracha. There are really only two real sriracha brands imported to the US: Shark and Sriraja Panich. They are produced in the town of Sriracha, Thailand. The garbage sold all over America, made in California, with the rooster on the bottle is abysmal in comparison, they're really different.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #70
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by no mayonnaise
Real sriracha (NOT the Hung Fong rooster brand/green top one, blech!) is the greatest. I go with Shark brand sriracha. There are really only two real sriracha brands imported to the US: Shark and Sriraja Panich. They are produced in the town of Sriracha, Thailand. The garbage sold all over America, made in California, with the rooster on the bottle is abysmal in comparison, they're really different.
Huh. Did not know that. I love the rooster stuff, will keep an eye out for the others.

Tags
other