New Steak Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I had a New York strip to eat for supper tonight, along with onion rings, and yogurt for desert. The beverage was cranberry/raspberry and was perfect. Here's the new steak sauce I made, and it came out really great. Was it better than A1, or Worcestershie? No it wasn't. But it was equally good, and a real change of pace. Here's how I made it.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce, with extra basil
8 oz. condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 tsp. each - 7 pod duglah, carolina reaper, and ghost pepper
/2 tsp dried parsley

Combine and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside. I spread this over my steak, and dpped my onion rings in it. It was really good. It wasn't scorching hot, but did have for me a mild kick. With the mixed berry yogurt for desert. it was perfect. I hope someone besides me tries this. It's really good. this wasn't raging bull, but rather, frisky fawn sauce.:):):)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

That steak sauce I made, well when I ate it on the steak, and dipped my onion rings in it, it had a pleasant amount of heat. About ten minutes ago, a couple of hours since I ate it with the meal, I just had to have a tbs. full, straight up. After all, it tasted great and wasn't too hot, right? Well, the first spoonful went down and was hotter than i expected. The 2nd spoonful was intense. Even my gums, right around my teeth felt it. But it lasted only about 2 minutes. A bit of cranberry juice, a mouthful of leftover pineapple sweet and sour sauce, a swig of cream, and the heat was manageable. Ten minutes after the first bite, I feel no residual heat. I guess it got hotter after sitting fora few hours.

As I first stated in my opening post, this stuff tastes great. Just make sure to eat it with other foods. I'm thinking this steak sauce would be a good base for Spanish rice, maybe with some diced chicken, or ground beef mixed in. It would also be a good sauce for stuffed cabbage, or to mix in with shredded beef, or even pulled pork.

Seeeeeeeya; Chef Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom