Coffee maker review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Fish

Senior Cook
Last year my sister bought me a Capresso CoffeeTEC, which is a coffee brewer and milk frother in one. (Paid aprox. $200)
First and foremost though, i couldn't believe how hot my coffee was...Really! And comparing to other well named coffee brewers that i used to own, brewing temperatures exceeded 200F in the basket (204.1F to be exact) and that is around 20F to 25F greater brewing temp than any other brewer i have ever owned! That also accounted for NO, (NOT ONE) sour note in my coffee!
When you take it out of the box, there is a video that makes life WAY EASY, because it demonstrates many of the key features that would otherwise just be a thought while reading the instructions. (Please, still read instructions as well!)
Going through to assembly, there is your gold tone filter, carafe, water (10 cup) and milk (32 oz) reservior, and only really the frothing connections, which are "pressure/pressure O-ring" fitted steam pipe, T-fitting, and froth valve. (there is also a hose for getting milk directly from the carton as well)

My first brew of this 10 cup contraption was fast for how hot the coffee gets, 7minutes and 20seconds. And unlike my other brewers, i have noticed a non-sour (like previously stated), rich cup of brewed coffee. In relation to now having coffee that isn't sour, i do drink some coffee black which i could never do before, and enjoy in my own home!

The "Froth Xpress" is what they call the milk frothing side of the brewer, and is ready in 10 seconds after your coffee is fully brewed, or you can just use the frother alone by turning on the machine and making sure the "froth resevior" is full, (which is if you've previously made a pot of coffee)... (there is a drop section in the water resevior that has an extra aprox. 3 oz of water in it for frothing). This is a great feature to have in my eyes, because not only do you get a variety in your coffee making, if you have kids or like hot choclate, just mix some choclate syrup with the milk and you have frothy great tasting treat! I however like to drink Chai tea as well, and instead of going to a coffee house to get one, i make them just as good and better. The frother also has a valve to control the amount of froth you get, which you have to play with a little to get a hang of how much is achieved, but that is a great feature as well.

All in all, if your looking for a good coffee brewer, and maybe would like to try your hand at different variety of making, this is definately for you!

Out of the 20+ years of coffee drinking and brewer owning, i give this machine a 10 out of 10!
lotsocoffee.gif

Peace

Back
Top Bottom