ISO help with convection cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
i have a combo micro and convection oven. use micro all the time of course

have been playing with the convection oven.

does anyone know good info. bout the convection?

tips, recipes?? etc

babetoo

recipes won't change. convection sends hot air around the oven so things in the oven cook more evenly and often faster. for example, if you are making cookies, you can puts two or three pans in together and convection will see they are all cooked evenly. A roast may cook in less time.

They are much quicker than a conventional oven. As hot air circulates all around the product. I have used commercial convection ovens for years. They do a bang up job on bread providing you do not want a crisp crust it does not crisp all that well . If I had a bigger kitchen I would go out tomorrow and buy one. Happy baking.

I once had a combo micro-convection oven, but it broke and I never got it fixed, so I tossed it in the dumpster.

But you ARE supposed to be able to use the two features together as well. The speed of microwaving to cook the food faster, combined with the browning qualities and juiciness provided by the convection feature.

I got a separate dome-lid convection oven that works as fast as a microwave if not faster. It uses a powerful halogen heating element combined with a cyclonic fan.

Back
Top Bottom