ISO Tea Kettle with low pitch whistle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lamb&Guinness

Assistant Cook
I want to give my dad a new tea kettle. He has lost his high-pitch
hearing and my mom has to tell him when his kettle is whistling.

Have you heard of a low-pitch whistling kettle? If you've heard it,
about how low is the sound?

Ive only found "
Chantal Enamel-on-Steel 1.8-Quart Loop Teakettle, Cobalt Blue"
on Amazon.com. For $50 I want to be absolutely certain the pitch is much lower
that the typical teakettle.

How about buying them an instant hot water maker? No waiting for the water to boil.
It's on command.

I have one of those as well Adillo, but I woulxd recommend against purchasing one. Ours worked great for a while, but because of the design, the part that covers the opening no longer fits snuggly and thus the whistle does not really work anymore.

Hi GB - Do you feel that is a design failure, or an individual part failure? Just curious. We don't drink a lot of tea, as a result, we have had it a long time, but, not a tremendous amount of use.

I feel it is a design flaw.

For those not familiar with this kettle I will try to explain how it works. To open the kettle to pour out the hot liquid you just pick it up by the handle. The handle is actually a lever. That action opens the spout cover.

What happened with ours is that because of repeated use the spout cover no longer goes all the way down to make a good seal. If I were to push down on the handle then it would seal, but as soon as I release the handle it would spring back up and break the seal.

It still makes a lot of noise when the water boils, but it does not whistle. That would probably work for the OP, but again I would not recommend the kettle because it is not working as designed. This has been the only Oxo product I have ever had any issue with.

Back
Top Bottom