Looking for new Gas Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GA Home Cook

Sous Chef
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a new gas grill. It will be hooked up to natural gas, but that is not a problem with most grills. The one I have is about 10 years old and has been rebuilt too many times.

I would like to have Stainless steel exterior as it sits on my deck. I want a side burner. I am not sure if I want Stainless steel grates, porcelain coated cast iron, or just cast iron. My luck with porcelain coated in the past was they rusted.

Price range is about $900 max.

What is your experience and suggestions?

Hal

I don't know much about their current offerings, but I'm sold on Weber. I have a Weber gas grill that's at least 20 years old. I've replaced the grates a couple of times, and the flavor bars (metal pieces that cover the burners) last year, and it's still going strong. It replaced a Char Broil that lasted only a few years. It gets used year round, as I shovel the snow in winter to get to it.

Weber is the cream of the crop. Depending on which model you choose, you can get in under your price limit.

Earlier this year, I bought a replacement grill as mine was rotting out after 9 years. I skipped over Weber because of the price and bought a Broil King. It has a cast iron grate and a mostly SS exterior. It's a basic model. Check out their site. Broil King Gas Grills, Charcoal Barbecues, BBQ Smokers, and Grilling Accessories

I'm very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom