Storage Unit Appliances Score!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
We helped my daughter and her family empty out their storage unit on the last day of the year. Among all the household items stored there were two bran-spankin' new factory cartons of kitchen appliances. One was a 36" Whirlpool gas stove top with huge heavy grates, and the other a Jenn-Air double wall oven with microwave on top. They asked us if we could use them as they had absolutely no use for them. I said yes. We got them for free.
Speaking of timing and luck my wife wanted our semi-working 30 yr old Thermadore stove top and double wall oven replaced several weeks ago. Good thing we waited.

Thanks!
My daughter purchased an entire heirloom dining room set....table, chairs, china cab, side table, etc from an acquaintance who's home was being foreclosed a couple of years ago. This guy basically wanted everything out of the house in such a hurry that he told her she can have those brand new appliances sitting in the garage. He originally bought them for his kitchen remodeling which never happened.

I need to slightly enlarge the counter top opening to accommodate the larger cooktop. Hopefully the double electric oven will be a straight install.

So I spent part of the afternoon installing the new Whirlpool cooktop. The new cooktop was 36" so I had to widen the counter cutout as the old Thermador cooktop was a couple of inches shorter. Turned out to be a very messy affair cutting through ceramic tile and an inch thick mortar bed underneath that on both ends. The whole kitchen was blanketed with cement dust.
My wife loved the large center burner and the continuous grate. The old cooktop had only four small burners, one missing grate, and a bad igniter.

Anyway here are a couple of pics of the install:

Attachments

• P1060341.jpg
    P1060341.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 217
  • P1060344.jpg
    P1060344.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 218
So I spent part of the afternoon installing the new Whirlpool cooktop. The new cooktop was 36" so I had to widen the counter cutout as the old Thermador cooktop was a couple of inches shorter. Turned out to be a very messy affair cutting through ceramic tile and an inch thick mortar bed underneath that on both ends. The whole kitchen was blanketed with cement dust.
My wife loved the large center burner and the continuous grate. The old cooktop had only four small burners, one missing grate, and a bad igniter.

Anyway here are a couple of pics of the install:

Very nice! I would have to hire someone.

Now for the ovens!

Wow, what a great event. I love when good things just drop into my lap. Hope the install all goes well.

Thanks!

My wife said that she smelled gas as she walked into the kitchen this morning, I didn't. I'll crawl under the cabinet and give the connections another hard quarter turn or so.

Back
Top Bottom