Glad Press 'n Seal wrap does anyone use it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me neither. Sometimes I use it when I am portioning food to store/freeze.

Otherwise it seems very expensive and doesn't work as well as the plastic wrap from BJ's (in blue and yellow container -- brand name escapes me).

jennyema said:
Me neither. Sometimes I use it when I am portioning food to store/freeze.

Otherwise it seems very expensive and doesn't work as well as the plastic wrap from BJ's (in blue and yellow container -- brand name escapes me).

Stretch-Tite. I used to use that but Costco stopped carrying it so I'm now using, AEP Sealwrap, that's as good. It comes with a slide cutter that works great!

My husband bought a roll of this on impulse, but as Jennema said, so far I've only used it for apportioning out food for the freezer. For that, I have to say it's been kind of "cute" to use.

I portioned out tablespoons of leftover tomato paste on a sheet, topped it & pressed around each tablespoon & popped the whole sheet in the freezer. When I need a tablespoon of tomato paste, I just take a scissor & cut off what I need.

Again, it's cute, but I don't think I'll be buying it again.

I put spoonfuls of tomato paste on a plate and freeze them. Them I pop them off the plate and into a ziplock.

Stretch Tite! That stuff is very good.

Like breezy, my tomato paste gets dolloped in T portions in Press n' Seal. Have also pressed and sealed little packets of pulverized garlic, clilantro, etc. so that I can freeze it before it goes bad.

I was using it for everything (great coupons = super cheap) but noticed on some ceramicware, it was leaving a residue. Still think it's great, especially when one of the boys doesn't finish his drink. I just seal the top of the drinking glass and store in the fridge.

When it first came out, they sent a trial package to every member of IACP as a promotion. I used it up and bought more, altho I agree it has certain applications that are very beneficial, like freezing dollops of tomato paste! :chef:

I haven't stopped using plastic wrap, tho....

I've got some plastic wrap from Stop & Shop, but the stuff sticks to itself and you have to friggen fight with it before you can use it!!

~Corey123.

Plastic wrap is one of the most frustrating things in the world to me! I can never find the end, it sticks to itself rather than what I want it to stick to. Just a big pain in the backside. I use Press & Seal exclusively if I need to use plastic wrap - because I find it easier to handle all the way around.

My favorite foil? Reynold's Wrap Release. Love the stuff!!!

Press & Seal will make plastic wrap obsolete. For me no more plastic wrap.

Corinne said:
Plastic wrap is one of the most frustrating things in the world to me! I can never find the end, it sticks to itself rather than what I want it to stick to. Just a big pain in the backside. I use Press & Seal exclusively if I need to use plastic wrap - because I find it easier to handle all the way around.

My favorite foil? Reynold's Wrap Release. Love the stuff!!!

You're so right!!

They ARE a big pain in the backside at that!!

Glad Press & Seal IS so much better!!!

Who is the woman who did the commercial with Mario Batali? Can't think of her name.:ermm:

~Corey123.

Tried it, don't care for it. I bought it once, well, maybe I will try a different brand. The first time I used it was disappointed that it didn't stick better.I use plastic wrap with no real big problems.

I like it...until you have to re-use it. The stickiness of it is only good for one shot, so if you have a casserole or something and open a corner to get a scoopful out for lunch or the like, it won't stick to the pan again.

I avoid all plastic wraps. Some impart their odor to foods. I read on a site called Green Guide about the potential health impact of toxins in plastic. About a year ago I purchased the Food Saver machine. I got their hand held vacuum device and an attachment that you use with it to vacuum seal wide mouth glass mason jars which you can keep in the pantry, refrigerator or freezer depending on the food. Jars are inexpensive and easy to clean. They also come in half pint up to half gallon sizes. I freeze fresh herbs, ground chipoltle chiles in adobo sauce, pesto, marinara, soups, stews, hummus, bean spread, etc. My favorite rice is a mix of organic black japonica and mahogany. Currently it is only available in 25 pound bags. I have a jar in the refrigerator and the rest in half gallon jars in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom