Does anyone have experience with any of the "Instant Pot" analogues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I am considering getting something like an Instant Pot. Since the company that made Instant Pots declared bankruptcy earlier this year, I wouldn't be able to get one with a warranty. Is anyone making a reliable substitute? Does anyone here have one or has tried one?

Maybe just find an instant pot on special and use the shops' warranty?
Or negotiate a bigger discount?

But maybe it works different in the states
(Where I'm now, it's warranty till the door)

I found a ninja foodie 12 in 1 pressure cooker, air fryer, 8 qt. I've had it for a month, I've used it more than 10 times. It was on facebook marketplace, practically new $28. Merry Christmas I hope you find what you want.

Under Ch.11 they restructured, got a very large infusion of new capital and are supposedly honoring warranties.

i bought 2 more after they filed.

Under Ch.11 they restructured, got a very large infusion of new capital and are supposedly honoring warranties.

i bought 2 more after they filed.
Interesting. I didn't see any on Amazon, but I didn't look very hard. I wanted to read what folks here had to say. I'll keep an eye out.
I found a ninja foodie 12 in 1 pressure cooker, air fryer, 8 qt. I've had it for a month, I've used it more than 10 times. It was on facebook marketplace, practically new $28. Merry Christmas I hope you find what you want.
I assume you are happy with it? This is the kind of info I was hoping for. Yeah, I would be willing to get something on FB Marketplace. It doesn't have to be new. It just has to work well and be a brand that does what it is supposed to do.

The ninja foodie, whether you get the 8 in 1, or 12 in 1, or 14 in 1, they all air fry and pressure cook. The one I have retails at $250 or amazon $219. So look up what you are considering and then find out how much they are worth new before you buy on FB. I see them for $50 or all the way to $100, almost new. Make sure you get all the parts of it.

Interesting. I didn't see any on Amazon, but I didn't look very hard. I wanted to read what folks here had to say. I'll keep an eye out.

I assume you are happy with it? This is the kind of info I was hoping for. Yeah, I would be willing to get something on FB Marketplace. It doesn't have to be new.
I just looked and I think I counted maybe 8-10 different models of Instant Pots on Amazon

I just looked and I think I counted maybe 8-10 different models of Instant Pots on Amazon
So, I decided to look at Amazon (Canadian site) and it showed me completely different results, many of which were for Instant Pot.

Now, my question is: Are there good reasons to choose Instant Pot instead of competitors? There are some really cool looking products at lower prices from other companies.

I assume you are happy with it?
It's great for either pressure cooking or air frying, or fermenting, or steaming, or searing...it's 12 in 1.
The kicker, it has 2 lids, but only one main pot, so less things in storage.

Though I can't tell you about what's in all the different brands now, I remember back in the beginning, when I first got mine, it was the only one with a SS pot - the rest had NS pots in them. Not sure what's in the rest (and there's a lot more now).

Though I can't tell you about what's in all the different brands now, I remember back in the beginning, when I first got mine, it was the only one with a SS pot - the rest had NS pots in them. Not sure what's in the rest (and there's a lot more now).
Oh, that's interesting. I would really, really prefer stainless steel to non-stick. I find that stuff sticks to most non-stick, at least some of the time and then it's a real pain in the arse to get it clean. I absolutely hate my Baker's Choice (I think that's the brand) of non-stick bakeware. It stains and stuff sticks a bit and I'm not supposed to scrub this stuff. I see absolutely no benefit to it being non-stick. Sorry for the rant about the bakeware, but you get the idea.

It's great for either pressure cooking or air frying, or fermenting, or steaming, or searing...it's 12 in 1.
The kicker, it has 2 lids, but only one main pot, so less things in storage.
Just something to consider - my IP came with just the pressure-cooker lid, but I already have a regular lid that fits it, so I can use that for non-pressure cooker functions and storage.

Just something to consider - my IP came with just the pressure-cooker lid, but I already have a regular lid that fits it, so I can use that for non-pressure cooker functions and storage.
Can you use it for air frying? The regular lid on the ninja foodie is for air frying.

I think there is a separate add-on lid you can purchase to turn your IP into an air fryer. I have no idea if it's any good, but Judy looked into buying it for me for Xmas a couple years ago, and I told her I wasn't interested.

OMG - I just remembered. Back in the late 70's and/or early 80's a popular appliance surfaced. My BIL had one (probably still using it, lol) and I had one for a while, but he was a much more hands on everything cook than I was back then.

Anyhow, there was a base with a clear plastic bowl on top. The lid had the heater and a fan. We would do whole chickens in it. My BIL did all sorts of things, the meat along with the vegies, all at the same time. There was a separate rack???

I don't remember what it was called but most definitely now I believe it was the precursor to the Air Fryer! LOL

someone here must have also had one!
Not cheap but not horribly expensive either - especially since I could afford it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom