I need a mixing bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mostly i use the large bowl to my mixer. it is about thrity years old and not even a chip. sometimes it is awkard to hold it and scrape stuff out at same time. i love it so much i keep using it. when it is in use, or i need a smaller container will use my white corning ware bowl. a little heavy too but perfect for its use

bake ny bread in it the other day. has a glass lid. both are bout same age as mixer bowl.

babe:mellow::mellow:

I always use an old fashiond stoneware mixing bowl. It has a good weight to stop it moving around everywhere and has lasted me years.

I use plastic, SS, glass (Pyrex and Anchor Hocking) and ceramic. Geeze, a "mixing bowl" is just a bowl used to mix something in! I reach for what ever is the right size and most convenient.

do not and I repeat do not put your plastic mixing bowls in the dishwasher.....I don't care if it says they are dishwasher proof or not........if for some reason you have a metal contact it might start a hole.......I've had plastic bowls for a long time----yep, it's a pain to handwash them and if they're stained spray them with some clorox bleach solution---then cleanup is easy.........

i use ss all old school stuff from when things were made to last. inherited from my grand father a pastry chef who bought them in the 50s-70s never had any problems with holes although one that we got 15 years ago has a hole already.
i say go with stainless and try and find the oldest stuff ppossible

I bought a four bowl set from Sears that I just love. They are melamine, with a silicon ring on the bottom to keep them from sliding on the counter. The big one is big enough to mix up a 4 loaf batch of dough for NYT bread. They are also lovely colors--one each of dusty blue, red, yellow and green. (Can't use them in the microwave, but the two biggest ones might not fit in a little microwave, anyhow.)

The whole set was less than $25, I think.

When I mentioned stainless steel washbasins earlier, this is what I meant.

img_596568_0_843f592dd72065f56bf2164409b502c7.jpg

img_596568_1_8f9cb1a62db510eab6391ec933b5abf0.jpg

Vollrath makes them in sizes from small to very large. The flat bases make them stable, and they are sturdier than bowls in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom