"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 04-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #11
Assistant Cook

Hi GB,

I do respect your opinion w.r.t. your needs. But, that was not the question put forth, and not that which may be of most benefit to others' considerations. Other than the last paragraph, in which you state: "I am not saying that your product is bad or that there are people that would not benefit from it. I have no doubt that there are. Our very own Kitchenelf, whose opinion I respect a great deal, has and loves your product.", the rest is almost entirely about you.

Yes, Kitchenelf does love the product, as well as do our many thousands of customers, worldwide. So, why be so hardlined against something which you really do not know? Would you care to comment on the several other impartial, very well respected, and "user-neutral" opinions which I cited? They, after all, speak to the more general market.

Regarding price, I have made and make very little profit on this venture. If you have any experience in manufacturing and marketing a new product within this country you will certainly understand this. It is a good thing that I hold a regular job in addition to this project.

Each to their own,

Pizzameister

Old 04-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #12
Chief Eating Officer

Pizzameister, first you say
Quote:
When expressing an opinion from a position of some authority, it is important not to make what may be seen as generalized statements
and then you say
Quote:
Other than the last paragraph, in which you state: "I am not saying that your product is bad or that there are people that would not benefit from it. I have no doubt that there are. Our very own Kitchenelf, whose opinion I respect a great deal, has and loves your product.", the rest is almost entirely about you.
I can only speak for myself and that is all I will do. I have my own opinions based on my own experiences. I can not and will not speak for other people.

Quote:
So, why be so hardlined against something which you really do not know?
I am simply stating my own opinion. Something we are all free to do. I see two products. One that has been used for many many year and works perfectly in my opinion. The other performs the same function and costs at least 2/3rds more. I do not think it is out of line for me to state my opinion that I think it is a waste of money especially since that is what the topic of this thread is about.

I do not begrudge you selling your product for whatever price you choose. I honestly hope that you do very well selling it and that you get as much money for it as the market will allow. For me it seems like a complete waste of money when there is already a product that does the same thing at a much lower price.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

I was just about to buy this...

I was just about to buy this until I saw the inventor bawwwing all over this forum about one person who says they don't need it. Pizzameister, I already went to your website. I know that you think it's great. Please leave this forum for what it's for: An independent discussion of your product. I don't care if one person doesn't need your product I would have bought one anyway, until you started e-crying about it. Welcome to the internet, learn to take some criticism.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
Senior Cook

agreed....you came off a bit aggressive, and then got nit-picky on semantics....it's a turn off

something tells me that GB is even less likely to buy your product now, even if you had convinced him that it was a good product