Vegetable 'sheeter'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
So Im watching the cooking channel about a week ago ( dinner impossible, the one where he has to cook for the spelling bee students and family), and the chef made a vegetable lasagna. But instead of using lasagna noodles, he used this device that thinly peeled a zucchini ( its entire length all at once). It almost looked like a pasta machine. As he turned the crank, a wide, thin peel of zucchini was produced, to which he used as the 'noodle' in the lasagna he made. I didnt know what it was called, so I searched the internet unsuccessfully.

Last night I was watching the Iron chef ( the carrot battle) and she used this device to peel a carrot the same way. As she was describing it to the dish to the judges, she referred to it as a vegetable sheeter.

I searched again, but didnt find much, just one mention rom a restaurant supply company.

So, with all that said, anyone know what im talking about, if it has any other names, and where I could find one :blink:

Thanks in advance,

larry

I googled it, and found it, but had trouble posting a link. It does look like a spiral peeler. Neat looking gadget, would love to have one.

It definately has a crank, but it shears the zucchini, carrot the long way, almost as if it is unrolling it. As the crank is cranked, it creats a thin continuous shear , the entire length of the vegetable until the center is reached . I never saw it before until these past few episodes

Vegetable Sheeter

Hi Larry, I saw the same shows and wrote down the info too, because I was facinated with the vegetable sheeter and had to have one. I found one source and will continue to check for others, cause this is kinda of pricey. Anyway check it out. Bron Coucke Vegetable Lasagna Slicer. All Stainless, Vegetable & Fruit Tools

Apparently I can't post the url since I'm new, but if you do a search for this it'll come up. Hope this helps. If I find any more I'll post them.

The price for the sheeter at previninc . com is approx $75 less than the one from Bron Coucke. Thanks for the info.

The difference, as I see it, (then again my eyes aren't great:LOL:), is that the sheeter will make a continuos roll. The mandoline will only slice. I have a mandoline, so I don't think Santa will be bringing me the sheeter. I still think it would be really cool to have!

Looks great but I don't think I can justify 300 plus bucks for something I will almost never use when I have a couple of perfectly good mandolins.

Hi Larry,

I missed that show but I've been looking for a veggie sheeter for a while - I'm sure there is a used restaurant supply somewhere that has them at a discount, but I have yet to find one! Meanwhile, JB Prince carries them - jbprince.com , (I'm new, so new real URL's!) in two different models. Good luck!

To whoever wants to spend U$S 300 on one of these devices,
Please send me as many carrots or zuchini you want peeled. For U$S 200, I will peel them for you. By the way, Bron Coucke manufactures professional grade artifacts, I own one of their mandolines. IMHO the best one in the world.

What a very interesting device! NOT to be confused with a mandolin at all!

So. wysiwyg, if I actually come to where you are WITH my veggies how much will you rent it for? :LOL:

This gadget is a low-carber's DREAM IMHO. If I had the money sitting around I would buy one in a skinny minute.

Last edited:
kitchenelf,
I don't have this machine. What I mean is that for 200 bucks, I will peel anything by hand LOL

Back
Top Bottom