Copper bottomed pots on ceramic glass hob?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dimmy

Assistant Cook
Hi!

Can someone clear up this issue please?. I have bought a new Zanussi electric cooker with a glass ceramic hob. In the user manual it says "do not use copper bottomed pots or pans as these can mark the ceramic hob surface". BUT on many cookware websites including LAKELAND (uk) it says in the description of their copper pots "for use on ALL hobs (except induction)!. I am really confused and I only own copper bottomed pots and didn`t want to go to the expense of buying new pots...thanks!

Do you care if the surface gets scratched or "marked up"? If you do then follow the manufacturers suggestion. I use cast iron on our glass top, even though it isn't recommended.

BTW, welcome to DC!

Welcome to DC! I too use cast iron on my glasstop stove. I would imagine the caution for copper is for avoiding scratches. The trick is to not move the pans around on the surface to avoid scratching.

Last edited:
I've used all of my pans on my glass top ceramic over the last 6 years including cast iron and it still looks good. I do pay attention to not slide pans around excessively.

Back
Top Bottom