Demeyere cookware comments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tzakiel

Cook
I'm getting a few pieces for Christmas, I think... (fingers crossed)

Anyone use it? Any stories or thoughts? Everything I have read indicates they are excellent conductors of heat and very durable / washable. The jury is still out on how to pronounce it - anyone know?

I'm interested in the Atlantis line:
Demeyere cookware

I especially like these features: No rivets or anything inside the cooking area, pouring edge, heavy multi-ply disk bottoms and comfortable handles.

I'm interested in the Atlantis saute pan, the frying pan and the smallest and largest sautese.

I did end up getting the Demeyere Atlantis saute pan, conical sauteuse and proline frying pan. I love the stuff.

Thanks for letting us know. Perhaps you could post a few pics and tell us about cost, cleanability and country of origin. We have some 50 year old copper disk bottomed WMF SS that cleans up a lot more easily than most all of our newer pots.

I actually did a whole write up with photos here:
Demeyere Cookware | Learning to Eat

They are Belgian and the cost is, well, not cheap. It's a step up from all clad. But from what I have read on multiple forums, etc, worth every penny. I personally feel like they were worth it. Cooking performance has been amazing. On my blog (linked above) I detailed specifically what made them worth it to me.

Thanks for letting us know. Perhaps you could post a few pics and tell us about cost, cleanability and country of origin. We have some 50 year old copper disk bottomed WMF SS that cleans up a lot more easily than most all of our newer pots.
It's interesting that you mentioned cleanabilty. I use copper cookware ranging from relatively new to over 100 years old, and there is a big difference in the time it takes to clean. I assume that the copper is an alloy with differences in composition. The same should apply to stainless. It would definitely be a consideration if I were buying a set.

It's a gray wooden rack from Crate and Barrel. Link to C&B product page

They have a couple of other variations of the same style. Thanks for the kind words... Kitchen is part of a new house we built a year ago... loving it! Just wishing I had a 36" rangetop... some day!

Nice picture of those pots

I've been looking at Demeyere for years. Someone I know has a 30 year old set that she received from a wealthy relative as a marriage gift. Your pictures show the insides better than the Demeyere adds. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom