How to make baking equipment better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BelKon

Assistant Cook
[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone, I'm producing my own baking equipment.
I would like to hear your opinion about, what is important for you about choosing a baking pan.
At this moment I've made a cooling rack doing my best on it and I can say it was successful. Now I'm going to try one more product, that's why your opinion is that important for me! I would like to hear anything you can say about baking pans, especially:

What are the most important things for baking pan?
What requirements it has to meet?
If you have one, what you like/dislike in it?
How they can be improved?

[/FONT]

I don't know that much about baking, but to me, it seems like the equipment is not as important, unlike cooking.

I like innovation in my bakeware. I love Nordic Bundt pans because of the nice designs.

BelKon, well it depends.

I assume when you are talking of a baking pan you mean a square or rectangle flat pan of 2-8 inches in depth that could be used either for roasting meat or preparing baked goods in an oven?

First of all, whether baking a cake or roasting meat in an oven, I can't think of a situation where I don't wrap aluminium foil on my dish at some point. Some sort of flange or ridge on the edge so I can make it seal nice would be welcome.

When cooking meat in a baking pan I'd like some type of ridge or other texture in the bottom to get the meat off it and let the juices drain down and help with the cooking. Even if it is small.

Now baking, I want the opposite. Smooth bottom.

Anti-stick coating of course, though if you are doing a glass version, not relevant. Angles on the sides that are a little more obtuse than 90 degrees make it easier to scoop stuff out with a spatula, thinking of lasagna here.

Main thing is some kind of lip on the edge I can crimp foil to. That would be awesome..

TBS

Back
Top Bottom