New Enamel Dutch Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made the mistake of trying to make frozen potstickers in my new dutch oven. They burned and stuck to the bottom. It was a huge mess to clean. I think I'll stick to soups and meats.

I am planning on cooking a beef brisket in my new emanel dutch oven. Any suggestions. I am totally lost here.

Season as you like it. Add 1 cup water. Cover. Cook at 350 for 3 hours. Do not open it. Take it out, and let it stand uncovered for 20 minutes before you touch it. My aunt told me how to cook it, and it comes out perfect every time. She does some personal chef stuff. When she told me this, she had cooked 28 briskets that month.

Add about 1/2 cup to 1 cup red wine and then beef stock until the liquid level is at the top of the brisket. I also added 1 sliced onion and a whole head of garlic cloves. I cooked ours for 2.5 hours at 300 degrees and then added carrots and potatoes and cooked for another hour until they were tender. It was perfect. I took the liquid and put some in a sauce pan and added fresh mushrooms until cooked and then flour to thicken for a gravy.

Chris

I just got a new 7qt Enamel Cast Iron Oval Dutch Oven. This is the first one I have ever bought and the first thing I did was cook a Brisket in it with some garlic, onion, red wine and beef stock. After 2 1/2 hours at 300 degrees I added some potatoes and carrots and let it go for another 45 minutes until they were tender. When it was done I took some of the liquid and made a gravy in a saucepan and added some fresh mushrooms.

This had to be one of the best tasting meals I have ever made! My wife and I could not believe how good it all was. This is also the first time I ever cooked with Red wine as well.

Chris

Welcome to DC.

I am yet to get a CI dutch oven. It is next on my list. How does one know what temperature you are cooking at on the stove top? Do you use a meat thermometer opening the lid during cooking? Or is 300 degrees just cooking at medium high heat?

I am yet to get a CI dutch oven. It is next on my list. How does one know what temperature you are cooking at on the stove top? Do you use a meat thermometer opening the lid during cooking? Or is 300 degrees just cooking at medium high heat?

You put the dutch oven into your normal oven.

For the brisket I just put it in the oven. I also just did a roast the same way but did it on top the stove with a medium btu burner on low and simmered it for 3 hours. It turned out the same way. Very tender and tasty.

Back
Top Bottom