New here, Descoware/LeC ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edbson

Assistant Cook
I recently inherited an entire set of Descoware, the dutch oven, 3 asst saucepans, 2 asst size casserole sishes, and a LeC small skillet, all in Mint condition. My question is...are they safe to cook in? They have obviously never been used, and i hate to waste them or put them up to never be used again. Are they worth anything?

Yes, I googled it, and found this place.lol.
It is the "flame" color evidently. I honestly think they are pretty, and would never sell them, but I am afraid to use them in case of lead or something.

at least yours are clean, edbson! People have used them before with no ill effects, so I see no reason why they shouldn't work for you.

Welcome to Dc...

It is enameled cast iron. Gently wash it using soft cloths, nothing abbrasive. Let stuck on food soak off. Do not go from the stove(hot) to cold water as it may damage enamel or crack the cast iron. They are safe to use.

Have fun and Enjoy!

Both products are made of cast iron with a porcelain enamel coating inside and out. They are perfectly safe to cook in all the time. They are very good products. Don't hesitate to use them. If you're still hesitant, ship them to me.

Great, thanks. I have been in LOVE with these pots for years, and have watched them sit in my grandfathers cabinets. I am so glad to finally have them, and was dying to use them. Having young kids though.I hesitated. I think the ducth oven will work nicely as a small gumbo pot!

Welcome, edbson. We're glad you found us.

Yes, by all means, use your cookware. Le Creuset is made to be handed down from generation to generation.

The two pieces we have get constant use. I'm jealous. You've inherited a treasure trove.

I think you might be confusing Descoware with Fiestaware.

Fiestaware is brightly colored china which is also a popular collectable. Some of the older original colors (orange or red) have lead in the paint.

No, it clearly says Descoware on the bottom, stamped in the cast iron. It came in many colors, reds, oranges, blues, yellows.

Back
Top Bottom